Legal Badging? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk Bringing the BMW community together, sharing NEWS, stories, and experiences.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 08:54 PM
5th Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to e30dream
(Thread Starter)
Legal Badging?

I was wondering if it was "legal" to badge a vehicle with the ACS logo (similar to some that ive seen here) if the vehicle has the following ACS products:
1. ACS MT Pedal set
2. ACS Dead Pedal
3. ACS Shift knob
4. ACS e-brake handle

there are all fairly expensive and run close to $250 a piece.

I just didnt know if there is some special system or.. anything. Namean?

Thanks yallses.

Some may say this is a waste of money, but hey, i think its a cool brand! and i havnt seen that many exterior pieces for e30s, so im going for interior.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 08:28 AM
Teh Peetsa Gai

ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute
sure it's legal. There's a purple E36 on base that has had the badge FOREVER. and you can talk to Delmarco. He had an ACS fix for awhile too.
Now if you try and sell it as an AC Schnitzer, and give it the appropriate premium... they find out it's not a true Schnitzer car AFTER the fact... There might be some legal trouble there.

'86 325es (TURTL3): PJ peetsa hawler
'87 535is (BADWATER): almost done... really.
'86 325e (GRN HLL): DD/show/rocket
'04 x3 3.0i: Wife's Bimmer (manual, woot!)
My BMW Blog
#3 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 08:00 PM
5th Gear Member

e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of e30dream has much to be proud of
(Thread Starter)
lol i meant like, for example, badging my 325i with "m3" illegal.

illegal in the car culture, but from what i get from your post, its not (the way i meant it)

#4 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 10:36 PM
General Chaos

SpeedInfusion has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to SpeedInfusion
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30dream
lol i meant like, for example, badging my 325i with "m3" illegal.

illegal in the car culture, but from what i get from your post, its not (the way i meant it)
then yes, with jut the pedal set and shifter, it wouldnt be "legal" imo to badge as acs, u need teh bodykit, wheels, and maybe more?

#5 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 11:11 PM
Keep it Copacetic

///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
Eh, I have all those(minus dead pedal) authentic, and I stil ldont deserve an ACS badge. I even have an ACS exhaust and SSK, still not worthy...and replica ACS floormats. To be honest I dont know many ACS e30's, if any. I havent seen any other than replica pedals and interior pieces. Are there any true e30 ACS cars? The only ACS cars ive seen start is e32 and up. If there was an ACS add on kit, widebody kit, or somethign alogn th elines in which there was more than jsut pedals i think it would work.

No offense Alex, I jsut dont think of e30s when I hear ACS (except ACS Type II wheels on e30m3's, so hot).

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
#6 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 12:15 AM
General Chaos

SpeedInfusion has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to SpeedInfusion
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power
Eh, I have all those(minus dead pedal) authentic, and I stil ldont deserve an ACS badge. I even have an ACS exhaust and SSK, still not worthy...and replica ACS floormats. To be honest I dont know many ACS e30's, if any. I havent seen any other than replica pedals and interior pieces. Are there any true e30 ACS cars? The only ACS cars ive seen start is e32 and up. If there was an ACS add on kit, widebody kit, or somethign alogn th elines in which there was more than jsut pedals i think it would work.

No offense Alex, I jsut dont think of e30s when I hear ACS (except ACS Type II wheels on e30m3's, so hot).
yea, i was gona also say eric has a bunch of acs stuff, but i didnt know if he changed out the parts, i completely forgot u had a e30, i dont think ive ever seen a ACS e30, well, a real one anyway...

#7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 01:10 AM
5th Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
yeah i see what you all are saying.

i wouldnt get the rims, minus a few examples, i think its sad when the rims cost more than the vehicle itself. I just like the style of some of these ACS pieces ive seen. I did however see an e30 spoiler by ACS, assuming its real (i saw pictures, had AC Schnitzer Stamped on it somewhere)

but hey, i gotta make due with what i have!

#8 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 06:32 AM
Keep it Copacetic

///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
and what you've got is a lightweightish vehicle with high sleeper potential.

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
#9 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 01:39 PM
Teh Peetsa Gai

ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute

My BMW Blog
#10 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 02:48 PM
5th Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
yummy. Id love to, but i just found out i may have to go next semester with no income!

no money ftl.

#11 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 03:47 PM
Teh Peetsa Gai

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30dream
no money ftl.
Get in line, dude.

My BMW Blog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk