just a thought - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk Bringing the BMW community together, sharing NEWS, stories, and experiences.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 11:42 PM
2nd Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
kman is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
just a thought

so ive been thinking lately about building a track car in the future (in about 2 1/2 years from now). ive always wanted to bulid an e30 but my sisters e36 318is got me thinking about using that. one problem see we just sent the car to balitmore(how ever u spell it) so i could be at school with her, so ill i have to do is bring it back. im still in high school and will be 18 teen when see gets out of collage, but will be starting my senior year. after collage she's gonna get a new car and sell the 318 out there, so i was thinking that i could just buy it from for really cheap and drive it back here or someing. why use a 318? see i plan to go all out on it, the way see is way buy an m3 when im going to strip it down and do a full race/ drift conversion and and put in all new componets anyway. and on top we are the second owners of that car( when she "we" i techincally mean my parents as they bought the car for her). i have preety much have it planed out. i can keep it at my grandparents in their garage since there wont be room at my house(my bmw, my dads vdub work car, he's getting a z4 next year, my moms x5, and when my sister comes back she will have a new car as well. well this is all just a thought, it wont happen anytime soon. i just wanted to get some feedback on what you guys would do or suggest. i want to join scca club racing compatition but i dont want use my 528.

kman: THE CHERRY BOMB GLASSPACK GUY!
GLASSPACKIN SINCE 12/2007

b5.5 passat 1.8t gls
e24 635 csi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 12:47 AM
2nd Gear Member

SpooldUp will become famous soon enough SpooldUp will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to SpooldUp
I will probably get flamed for this, but first work on spelling a bit. that was plain difficult to read.
but if you have the 318 for free, that is a tempting offer. an engine swap would be in your future.
how much fundage would you anticipate having for the project 2.5 years down the road?

'99 323i 5spd

<CENTER>

</CENTER>

where's my beer?
best website ever

"I'm not even supposed to be here today"

#3 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 02:54 PM
2nd Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooldUp
I will probably get flamed for this, but first work on spelling a bit. that was plain difficult to read.
but if you have the 318 for free, that is a tempting offer. an engine swap would be in your future.
how much fundage would you anticipate having for the project 2.5 years down the road?
ya mybad im not very good at spelling.
i plan on getting a job next year ill see then

b5.5 passat 1.8t gls
e24 635 csi
#4 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 03:25 PM
2nd Gear Member

SpooldUp will become famous soon enough SpooldUp will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to SpooldUp
well i hope you find the time and money
projects are hella fun

'99 323i 5spd

<CENTER>

</CENTER>

where's my beer?
best website ever

"I'm not even supposed to be here today"

#5 (permalink) Old 12-20-2005, 08:36 PM
1st Gear Member

miztuhdan is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to miztuhdan
Quote:
I agree. I can't take you seriously until you aren't spoiled and make your own money to pay for your "track car." I honestly don't take any spoiled BMW owner seriously. Sorry.... My bad for judging if you're not spoiled... but a 18 yr old driving a 5er that can hardly spell or word sentences correctly just gets me thinking... I don't mean to be an asshole.

Track Day-- Spartanburg, SC

United BMW Parts Department
#6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2005, 09:18 PM
Keep it Copacetic

///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
For the sake of helping him, let's judge his post and not who you assume he is.

Track cars would be pretty cool. If you really wanted to go out on the car and didn't care for looks then id seriosiously recommend a 318ti. Since your sister has that 318 (5 speed?) then you could work with that. Plenty of weight reduction and a dedicated track car does seem like an awesome project. Any idea as far as engine modifications/swap?

You are in teh LA area, correct? There is a shop located in Eagle Rock called "The M Shop." Ive heard quite a bit about them and their M specialty. Theyve done 3 or 4 s50 or s52 swaps into 318ti's. They would probabyl be your shop for more in depth information regarding a i6 swap!

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
#7 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 02:58 AM
2nd Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
i was thinking of an s50 or s52. remember though its just a thought. its an auto, but my idea was to get the tranny and engine out an m3. im in moreno valley ca im about 2 1/2 hours from LA. ill look in to that, thanks

miztuhdan i asked for help, if you cant take me seriously then please do not post on my topic, i understand that i had alot of spelling errors in the main post. if your not going to help me then dont post please, im really just looking for ideas not even help. thanks

b5.5 passat 1.8t gls
e24 635 csi
#8 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 02:52 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future
Too bad your not on the east coast around the jersey area. These guys could hook that shit UP!

http://www.azevedomotorsports.com/index2.htm
These guys built a 318 that wound up being featured in Eurotuner. I can't find any pics of it, but it was friggin tight. Rui and Diogo know thier stuff.

Dave

R.I.P fast 6

Two wheels or Four, I'm happy as long as the throttle is pinned.
#9 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 01:00 AM
1st Gear Member

Alright alright my bad.. to me it just seems pointless to hop anything less than a 330. I'd never make my 325 into a track car. Although the joys of making a 318 into a nice 10 or 11's car would be great to see. Good luck with the project; Start by looking at DA Motorsports.

#10 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 02:24 AM
2nd Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
i hear alot about azevedo motor sports, right now the car is only about 2 hours away from them

miztuhdan its cool dont trip
they way i see it is like this, why buy an m3 when you know that you are going to change all the componets anyway. if i can make the 318 just as fast, why not? their on the same chassie. the car is free! why the hell not fix it up?

b5.5 passat 1.8t gls
e24 635 csi
#11 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 12:31 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman
i hear alot about azevedo motor sports, right now the car is only about 2 hours away from them

Tight, man. I'll see if I can find something on the 318 they did, thinking it was a "ti", but anyway. Maybe fire off an e-mail asking for info on what they did.

Dave

R.I.P fast 6

Two wheels or Four, I'm happy as long as the throttle is pinned.
#12 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 01:34 PM
1st Gear Member

I get you that it is a free car. It's just my opinion that making a 318 into a track car is like making a Civic into a track car. Although, if I had a 318, I'd use it as my back up car and have my 325 as the track one.

#13 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 05:46 PM
2nd Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by german-speed-demon
Tight, man. I'll see if I can find something on the 318 they did, thinking it was a "ti", but anyway. Maybe fire off an e-mail asking for info on what they did.

Dave
ya its a white ti with an m3 motor, there making it a widebody right now

b5.5 passat 1.8t gls
e24 635 csi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk