Just Got Back From Vintage Bmw Show In Nc - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk Bringing the BMW community together, sharing NEWS, stories, and experiences.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 10:37 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
The show was in Winston Salem, or near if you want to get technical. It was a thousand mile drive on the way up there. But well worth it. We went almost all highway instead of interstate.

We took a slight detour to hit US 129. If you do not know anything about US 129, too bad for you. 318 turns in 11 miles. Check out the map of it here. The home page for the site is here. If you can, definately go drive this section of road as soon as you can. We drove it about as hard as I drive at SCCA Auto-x. We even passed a HP car on during it and we almost craped our pants. But then we found out that they do not care about speeding as long as you do not cross a double yellow line.

Any way on to the show, there were lots of cars there. The only ones allowed to show were up to 1980 or 82, so mine was out in the lot. But there was several very very nice cars. For instance the redish one with the pics lower is a 2002 with a E30 M3 motor in it. He took it to the local drag strip which is only an 1/8 of a mile and it ran an 8.44. Which isn't fantastic but still for a 2002 is incredible. So here's some pics, enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01119.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	20357   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01121.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	20358   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01125.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	20359   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01126.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	20360   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01127.JPG
Views:	165
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	20361  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 12:13 AM
1st Gear Member

Cellardoor is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Cellardoor
Awsome thanks for sharing man ! that 2002 is amazing looking!

-Hutch-

<span style='color:red'>Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body. But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totaly work out, loudly proclaiming &quot;Wow! What a ride!!&quot;.</span>

<span style='color:blue'>If life passes you by......downshift</span>
#3 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 01:13 PM

thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by Cellardoor@May 9 2005, 11:13 PM
Awsome thanks for sharing man ! that 2002 is amazing looking!

-Hutch-
[snapback]342777[/snapback]
Wow.. no other responses... oh well...

The guy that owns that car is actually moving to arkansas. He has 14 2002's at his house in NC but is only bringing 9. He had 5 2002's at the show. The bill for buying, restoring and modding the 5 was over $150,000. He has a factory 2002 turbo, with 60k original miles. You might have seen it on ebay a little while back. He paid almost $30k for that car and put another $10k in it for body work.

Also the one on the left is a 320i SCCA GT race car. I've got a pic of the info that was in the window of it. I'll have to see if I can dig it out.
#4 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 02:09 PM

german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future
sounds like a blast, man. A buddy lived in southern pine on the other end of NC, and i always saw bimmers when i went down there on vacation. that 2002 is outstanding

R.I.P fast 6

Two wheels or Four, I'm happy as long as the throttle is pinned.
#5 (permalink) Old 05-14-2005, 04:36 PM
n00b

Jared596 is an unknown quantity at this point
i know the guy who owns motorsport connections. i used his shop to put the lift on my truck. freakin nice m3's built in there. they can do anything you could possibly want.

as a matter of fact, i know that car very well. my brother in law did a lot of the paint work and rollcage installation on that particular car. muy muy muy muy nice car too.
#6 (permalink) Old 05-14-2005, 10:15 PM
1st Gear Member

Mortiorchis is an unknown quantity at this point
Where in Winston was this? In front of the Reynolda house? I had no idea about the show and I wish I would have gone

LongHairedHippy: Just let him die out. The odds are on that he won't reproduce, so the problem will take care of itself
#7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2005, 12:21 AM

(Thread Starter)
It was actually in Lewisville at a vineyard or wineray (sp?). We stayed in Winston Salem at the Best Western just off of exit 5c or maybe 4c of buiseness I40. The was only for vintage BMWs so that might explain why it was not greatly publicized. I think it was mostly setup by guys on Roadfly message boards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk