BMW Werkz banner

Going to drive the new 645Ci

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  HamannM3 
#1 ·
I am just leaving this afternoon to go test drive the new 645Ci and i haven't been this excited in a while. Not quite sure about the idea of driving it and then going back to my 530i at home. i don't want to like it that much.. but i haven't test driven the new 8cylinder yet .. pushing 325 horses.

I'll report back later with my drive.

#4 ·
sorry guys no pics, but it was sweet! i drove the 2004 530i w/smg and the 645ci convert. The drive for breast cancer crew was there and the girl that runs the whole deal was a good friend, she is from the ann arbor area, so we took those out. Anyone could go out and drive them as long as you were 25 or older.. but you had to wait in line and or have an invitation to drive the 745, 545, or the 645.

But we showed up and hoped right into the 530i.. the smg imo isn't that great.. i didn't drive it long enough to get the hang of it.. but i found it to be a little wierd..

but the 645ci was an auto/ w triptronic.. man that 325 horses are smooooooth! we took it out on the highway and it rolled nice.. four of us were in the car and my buddy weighs in at 320 pounds.. w/ me and two girls.. it was around 700 pounds and it took us around 110 mph quicker than i thought. A very very nice car.. 85g's was the price tag.. and it is well worth it.. (if i had the money) .. well for now i have to go back to the E39 530i but.. man.. the new 5 series body is really nice.. great cars.

#5 ·
I test drove the non convertible version of that when it first came out, and i didn't like it too much. It was VERY cramped, esp when you got someone in the back (not a likely situation, but still...). I do admit that there are some cool technological innovations, such as the iDrive system and the one button control for everything.

The computer did not seem very logical to use though. Overall, the car was overpriced for what you get. I would much rather drop my 90g's on an ///M or a 7, or even...dare I say it? A mercedes :goodness: I absolutely love driving my dads 04 SL55 AMG. No BMW can touch that car... You can buy a nice used Sl500 or 55 for the relatively same price range as a fully loaded 6, close to 100g's.

Just my opinion, don't know if anyone agrees

#6 ·
Originally posted by brosnan6@Sep 1 2004, 06:33 PM
I test drove the non convertible version of that when it first came out, and i didn't like it too much. It was VERY cramped, esp when you got someone in the back (not a likely situation, but still...). I do admit that there are some cool technological innovations, such as the iDrive system and the one button control for everything.

The computer did not seem very logical to use though. Overall, the car was overpriced for what you get. I would much rather drop my 90g's on an ///M or a 7, or even...dare I say it? S mercedes :goodness: I absolutely love driving my dads 04 SL55 AMG. No BMW can touch that car... You can buy a nice used Sl500 or 55 for the relatively same price range as a fully loaded 6, close to 100g's.

Just my opinion, don't know if anyone agrees
No BMW? I can think of a few...they probably arent street legal though:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.