BMW Werkz banner

First Look: Neiman Marcus 2004 BMW 645Ci Coupe

3K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  MrM3 
#1 ·
October 1, 2003
Motor Trend

The legendary BMW 6 Series sports coupe made the top of Santa's list in the Neiman Marcus Christmas Book, when Santa, a sleigh-full of gifts and a bevy of beautiful "elves" unwrapped a gigantic mystery gift this week -- the Neiman Marcus Limited Edition 2004 BMW 645Ci Coupe.

Billed as the fantasy sports car for the person who has everything, only 50 of these new U.S. limited-edition models will be produced in the inaugural year. The luxury coupe was built especially for Neiman Marcus, and comes with a custom Stratus Gray exterior finish, soft Extended Creme Beige leather interior, and cast alloy 19-inch sport wheels.

To add even more excitement to the limited edition 645Ci experience, Neiman Marcus customers are invited to take delivery of their new coupes right off the assembly line in Munich, and then to enjoy a custom-designed driving tour that will highlight the true capabilities of the 645Ci, complete with luxury accommodations at the world's best hotels. Upon completion of the trip, their new vehicle will be shipped back to the States for immediate delivery. The price of the Neiman Marcus Limited Edition 2004 BMW 645Ci Coupe is $75,170. The European tour package is an additional cost.

"We are honored that the North American debut of this gorgeous 6 Series Coupe is in the Neiman Marcus Christmas Book," says Jim McDowell, Vice President of Marketing for BMW of North America. "Nine years ago we launched the Z3 roadster in the Neiman Marcus Christmas Book, an enormously popular car that re-invented the roadster segment. Today, we are proud to partner with Neiman Marcus once again, with a legendary automotive icon that sets a new benchmark for elegance, design, and handling."

Long, low and wide, the 645Ci promises 0-60 mph in an exhilarating 5.7 seconds, and features a 4.4-liter V-8 power unit with fully-variable Valvetronic valve management that delivers dynamic power and performance with 325 horsepower. Lightweight technology promises superior dynamics and agility, as well as dynamic performance and precision with contemporary styling.

A photo and description of the Limited Edition Coupe appears on page 107 of the 2003 Neiman Marcus Christmas Book, and the telephone information line (866-303-BMW6) for the car goes live on October 16, 2003 at 12:00 PM noon, EDT.

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm holding out for the lesser priced Wal Mart edition that comes with optional fuzzy dice and a complete wardrobe by 'Faded Glory'. :laughhead:

#4 ·
Originally posted by SoonerE39@Oct 2 2003, 01:29 PM
I'm holding out for the lesser priced Wal Mart edition that comes with optional fuzzy dice and a complete wardrobe by 'Faded Glory'. :laughhead:
:laughhead:

I heard you get one free case of Bud with every purchase of the 'Wal Mart' edition. I also heard that they will release the 'Wal Mart Special Edition' BMW trailer.

#5 ·
Originally posted by daniel318is@Oct 2 2003, 09:56 AM
WOW, love the car. proberbbly worth every sent of that

maybe bmw's answer to the 350z (fairlady) and the crossfire??

daniel
no way.... the 6-series is in a different spectrum on about every level than the mentioned cars. The 350Z is really attacking the sports car segment which I would consider the M3 in and the 350Z vert in the vert segment which would hit the Z4. Love Z's... great cars but my favourite is still the Z32TT.. R.I.P.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.