A few recalls for the new bimmers - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk Bringing the BMW community together, sharing NEWS, stories, and experiences.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2003, 01:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
nosuchsol is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Guys,

I'm not sure who's had to go in or not, but a couple bmw's have had to go in that i know of for computer problems.

1. A client of ours has a 2003 BMW 745i and it started pinging so he took it in.. there ended up being a software upgrade that he needed. Got that and everything is fine. Funny thing... not considered a recall, nor did he receive an email previously about it.

2. My parents had to take their 2004 530i in when the airbag light came on. I guess that there was a seatbelt malfunction. That ended up being a software upgrade with the paperwork showing it as a recall. I think it was just too early to get anything in the mail from them since the car's only been out a couple months.

I guess that's what happens with all this new technology being used everywhere. The first for the 7 was pretty serious!! Anyhow, just a heads up for any folk that might own 'em but not showing symptoms. =)
nosuchsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk