BMW Werkz banner

C350 benz to 135i?

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  BimmerAdict 
#1 · (Edited)
So basically Ive been a benz guy my whole life, (slighty anti-bimmer) but now my C class has been "done" for sometime and I want a new "project." I love my car but I could never really do to it what I liked because unless you get an AMG there arent that many mods, especially performance...besides forced induction (which would have to be a 8k custom project on a 90+k miles car) and going through the motor it has basically every mod thats available for it...went from 268hp stock to 310 which isnt horrible but def not enough for what i put into it...Ive been looking for something fun, fast and under 30k (prob a 2010-12) and I think the 1 series maybe the answer. Im looking for a 135i or IS, wanted a manual bc ive been stuck with an automatic so long, but I here the dual clutch is beast so im kind of leaning towards that...id like to be in the 400-450hp range(maybe more later)...I know little about the 1 series and would like your advise on what mod routs i can/should take as far as performance...different options and I wana be able to smash on blown 2013 GT mustangs all day long....lol any advise or help would be appreciated!

this car will be daily driver, and occasional track car.

and if anyone is interested in purchasing a satin black 2008 C350 let me know! lol:driving

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to Bimmerwerz.

Depending on your budget the 1 Series is an excellent choice. Tons of mods are available for them already and they are light and fast! They are excellent auto cross or track cars. If you get a 1 Series get a 135i. Shares the same engine as the 335i which can be made faster then an M3 with simple mods.

Good luck!

#3 ·
Did you end up getting a 135i?
They're great cars and very capable of putting down 400-450hp. FBO and e85 guys are putting down over 500 at the crank (440ish at the wheels).
100% E85, FBO, and meth is a serious combo. Some people putting down 500+ whp and 525+ whtq on stock turbos!

A properly modded and tuned 135i with stock turbos will easily put up a great fight even against S/C'ed Mustang GTs. A lot of guys are running the 1/4 in the mid 11's with only a couple thousand $$$ in mods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.