Buyer Beware - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk Bringing the BMW community together, sharing NEWS, stories, and experiences.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 09:14 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
pp117 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Buyer Beware

In all the talk about handling, tires, rims, etc one will need a car to start reliably before one can achieve driving nirvana.

Wednesday night, the night before Thanksgiving, after packing up the 535xi for a several hour drive, the car will not start. It appears to be the same electrical problem that the car has been serviced for before: preexisting condition - a slow current draw that is draining the battery.

Upon calling BMW roadside "unassist", I have determined that the BMW customer care promise is a complete bait and switch.

BMW refused to assist in obtaining a rental car, refused to contact the dealership to get a courtesy car (yes, it was getting late @7pm but that should not have been my, the customers, problem) and said basically I was on my own. Nor would they confirm that I would be reimbursed for a rental car if I could even obtain one (in NYC, the night before Thanksgiving)! This person also refused to let me speak with their Manager.

The whole reason to pay up for a luxury car is for the extra services you are supposed to get. My problem is not only with BMW corporate, for their hollow promises, but also for the BMW dealership that did not, or chose not to, fix the underlying electrical problem.

I will not patronize BMW with another purchase again and, of course, will advise my friends to do the same.

Caveat emptor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 09:30 AM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
Sorry to read about these issues. It seems clear that BMW USA should be made aware of this.

BMW

Sig by zeaq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk