BMW Let the people down - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk Bringing the BMW community together, sharing NEWS, stories, and experiences.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2004, 06:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Mr White G is an unknown quantity at this point
I have been seriously disapointed over the last 2 weeks.....

We have just had a (quite large) motor show in the UK involving most of the worlds top car makers...... except BMW!

Porsche were there with the Carrera GT > you can't believe how sexy this thing is!

Merc were there with the SLR > ok if you like that kind of thing, (just a diamond necklace with wheels.)

Bentley, rolls, ferrari........ but no BMW.

I think this is disgusting. No 1 series.....no concept M5......no CSL

On April 1st, BMW ran a full page ad in the main broadsheet newspapers claiming that the new 5 series had an in-dash chicken cooker. This little joke is rumoured to have cost quite a lot......... as much as a small stand at the motorshow to showcase thier new hatch! The excused this by saying that a stand at the show was not cost effective to the advertising budget!!!!

Q: What kind of company would rather tell unfunny jokes than show thier potential customers their hottest new product? (1 series will sell out too fast in the UK.)

A: Had to be a fricking German one!

Very poor BM.......... very very poor

<span style='color:gray'>&quot;...and the home of the brave..... is bravey 130bhp from a 7 litre engine? 100bhp/litre or don't bother building it!&quot;</span>

<span style='color:red'>&quot;Aaahh the UK; where every road is jammed, under construction, poorly maintained and unfairly policed, at least we don't get over-taxed for it........ HA HA HA!&quot;</span>
Mr White G is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2004, 07:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
ex owner/admin

Car: turbo e36 325/s50 and e46 330xi
Photos:
Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious
Send a message via AIM to Furious
BMW is known to follow their own path from time to time, being its own company and not a sister or a parent company they arent forced to attend whatever is thrown out there like a car show..... however i feel the same as you, why the hell dont they want to do some positive advertising for their already hurt company. (after chris bangle sales need some serious boosts)
Old 06-16-2004, 08:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
I can understand and respect them making some 'unpopular' decisions from time to time for the purpose of furthering their business in the future... but this just seemed backwards to me.

I don't know if you re getting the 1 series in the US (I'm sure you are) but it will sell like crazy in the UK. The best selling car here is a 17k hatchback from ford... How many of those wouldn't rather have a BM on their drive? Loads.

We haven't really seen anything about the 1 series yet and they chose to waste their cash on a project saying:

"Guttentag Englanders, ve are making very funny cars, ja?"

Nein BMW, nein. We don't buy your cars because they are funny... probably the exact opposite.

Dare I say it..............It nearly made me stop thinking about a 330 and getting a Porsche instead!

<span style='color:gray'>&quot;...and the home of the brave..... is bravey 130bhp from a 7 litre engine? 100bhp/litre or don't bother building it!&quot;</span>

<span style='color:red'>&quot;Aaahh the UK; where every road is jammed, under construction, poorly maintained and unfairly policed, at least we don't get over-taxed for it........ HA HA HA!&quot;</span>
Old 06-16-2004, 11:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Silver4evr is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr White G@Jun 16 2004, 09:54 AM
Dare I say it..............It nearly made me stop thinking about a 330 and getting a Porsche instead!
Because you don't like BMW's marketing plan?

Most of the forum members buy bimmers because of the car's technical brilliance, not because some advertising nonsense.

Good luck with your Porsche.

btw, to the forums.
We look forward to your informative posts!

2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition
Silver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 03:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Originally posted by Silver4evr+Jun 16 2004, 07:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Silver4evr @ Jun 16 2004, 07:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mr White G@Jun 16 2004, 09:54 AM
Because you don't like BMW's marketing plan?

Most of the forum members buy bimmers because of the car's technical brilliance, not because some advertising nonsense.
[/b][/quote]
^Yes that's right I only want a bm because of their advertising policy.... used

It was the lack of attention to one of their stongest markets which made me question BM's policies from the top down. It didn't lead to to question their products though.

Like I said, NEARLY... nearly but not quite, BM forever baby.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk