BMW Werkz banner

BMW Bluetooth phones

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  SoonerE39 
#1 ·
I sent an e-mail to BMW NA about this and here is their response:

--Original Message--

Question:

I have been reading about the new bluetooth phones available and the retrofit kits for 2001 and newer. When (if ever) will there be a retrofit kit for older (my 1999) models for the bluetooth phones? I have discovered a few interested individuals in internet forums.

Thanks

Dear Mr. Oakes,

I am with BMW of North America, LLC and your Internet correspondence has been forwarded to me for response. Currently, BMW is finalizing the technology for the integration of Bluetooth. The installation of a Bluetooth chip allows simple connections to be made from navigation systems, audio systems and car telephones to other consumer appliances such as laptops, mobile phones and organizers. One of the great benefits is the independence from any particular manufacturer. However, we are unable to provide an estimated time of availability for Bluetooth technology, as it has not been released.

If you have further questions or concerns, please contact us through the website or at 1-800-831-1117.

Thank you for contacting BMW.

Lauren McLuckie
BMW Group Customer Relations

This didn't really answer my question but at least I got a response. The Bluetooth techknowledgy HAS been released, or so the articles in Roundel indicate. And there IS a retrofit kit for 2001 and newer models.

See less See more
#2 ·
What the hell kind of response is that?

"Dear Sirs,

Will the new interior color for the 2006 M3 be green?"

"Mr. Smegma,

We here at BMW LLC like to consider the DSC technology to be at the forefront of bleeding edge technology. Couple DSC with plexiglass underwear and not only will you have great tracktion, but pooping yourself will be easy clean up.

Regards,
Tony Two Toes."

Uh ... what?

Originally posted by Soonermandudechikychikybangbang

If you have further questions or concerns, please contact us through the website or at 1-800-831-1117.
Yeah, I have a question - Do you plan on answering my originial question, at all? :rolleyes:

#5 ·
Originally posted by Nikis Place@Aug 7 2003, 02:40 AM
European bluetooth phones has been released for older models.

That's should answer your question :)
Are they integrated with the stering wheel controls and display panel in the dash?

#8 ·
Originally posted by beemerbeamer@Oct 2 2003, 12:07 PM
here's some info
:driving
http://www.imakenews.com/autospies/e_artic...le000134615.cfm
All of that refers to the 2001 and newer models and that retrofit kit is available in the US. I am referring to a retrofit kit for PRE 2001 model (my 1999). I still haven't seen any indication they will make any kit that will integrate a bluetooth phone with the factory radio and steering wheel controls.
I think I am going to end up with a GSM-bluetooth phone that has it's own seperate speakerphone feature and just not integrate it with the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.