Bluetooth On 2004 545i - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk Bringing the BMW community together, sharing NEWS, stories, and experiences.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2004, 03:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
thedarkstar is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile

ghead
I Purchased a new 545i in July delivered in September. Loaded to the max with every option and accessory(just about). This Included bluetooth which was advertised as available and on the order sheet. It was also confirmed by BMW to the dealer that it would be installed. Low and behold NOT. Not only that I have had numerous computer glitches, NAV failures, alarm warnings when there shouldn't be, BMW ASSIST did not function at all at first, took 2 months at dealer and over 600 miles of driving to find a Verizon Tower to get it runnnig only marginally - again computer glitches. Seat adjustments wont stay put or adjust according to settings. The dealer has reloaded the car with the latest software 13.3 althought I am told by them that each control unit will not be changed if the ugrade PC detects that each of the 27 control units has the latest software. So the braindead functions remain in each of the control units. To corrct this problem I am told requires wiping out the entire core funtionality of the car - not something a dealer can do and restoreing it to factory fresh of the line functinality. Well I don't see BMW sending these cars back to Bavaria anytime soon or even sending a qualified engineer with the qualified equipment to each dealer and fixing each and every car that has computer problems.

This is a disaster for not only me but I think for BMW. I think they should take the car back and replace it with a new one that works (really works!!!). Outside of these problems I love this car. Its an Orient Blue Metallic that knocks your socks off just looking at it. Now if I could only drive it.

If anyone has any problems similar to these please email me thedarkstar@mail.galaxyprime.com I have dug up a lot misleading info from BMW on this issue and am looking for more. If you have any of your sales info on bluetooth and willing to share it send it along also.

One last note: I have in fact talked with my attornies and they have advised me that I should be able to force BMW to take the car back. If it comes to this Any one want IN? I have also decided to let Dr Helmut Panke, CEO know what is going also by giving a personal call at HOME in Bavaria, Germany. Yes I do have his number. Any thoughts on that idea?

Well let me know what you think.

PS: the dealer has been great. Has stood by me all the way. BMW has yet to respond to me or the dealer.

thedarkstar
thedarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk