Black leather unbearable? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk Bringing the BMW community together, sharing NEWS, stories, and experiences.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2003, 06:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Car:
Photos:
donutchow is an unknown quantity at this point
doesn't black leather absolutely suck in the summer? i got into my car yesterday after work, it was sunny and in the upper 80's (yay, nice weather finally!) and my car was a sauna, and my black steering wheel was burning up. i only have gray cloth seats but my ass was burning through my pants. it was insane, and isn't black leather even worse? i guess that's why people have tints
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2003, 07:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
SpeedsterBMW

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Originally posted by donutchow@Jun 24 2003, 08:34 AM
doesn't black leather absolutely suck in the summer? i got into my car yesterday after work, it was sunny and in the upper 80's (yay, nice weather finally!) and my car was a sauna, and my black steering wheel was burning up. i only have gray cloth seats but my ass was burning through my pants. it was insane, and isn't black leather even worse? i guess that's why people have tints
i was going to get black with red interior (or black interior) but i decided to go with grey...i also got my windows tinted...my brother however has black on black with no tint, and he said it isnt bad all.
Old 06-24-2003, 09:13 AM   #3 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
MrM3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrM3
i have black interior and live in texas, so my interior generally heats up to about 135 degrees on avg, sometimes worse. but i just roll down my windows and i'm fine.
MrM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 12:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
AZ325Ci is on a distinguished road
i dont have any problems with my black leather here in the desert. my steering wheel gets hotter than the leather seats, only because the steering wheel is closer to the windshield. i'm sure the tints helps out alot.
Old 06-24-2003, 01:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ski
Sheer Driving Pleasure

Car:
Photos:
Ski is an unknown quantity at this point
Any leather is going to be hot but I don't have too much a problem w/ mine but my wife does!! lol..

My Jet Black's
'03 3.0i Z4 Loaded
'02 325Ci Loaded
'06 330xi Loaded
Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 06:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
SpeedsterBMW

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Originally posted by Ski@Jun 24 2003, 03:31 PM
Any leather is going to be hot but I don't have too much a problem w/ mine but my wife does!! lol..
my mom drive my bros 330 the one day and she was bitchin like crazy....he really wanted natural brown but planeteers knew the story about his car buying...
Old 06-25-2003, 11:21 AM   #7 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
DesmoBob is an unknown quantity at this point
about 25 years ago we had an old toyota corolla with black vinyl seats, i DREADED sitting in that car!!!! no a/c either.

i do like dark colored dashboards because there is less glare on the windshield. i got gray interior now, but it gets dirty fast.
Old 06-25-2003, 11:31 AM   #8 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
donutchow is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW+Jun 25 2003, 06:29 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SpeedsterBMW @ Jun 25 2003, 06:29 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ski@Jun 24 2003, 03:31 PM
my mom drive my bros 330 the one day and she was bitchin like crazy....he really wanted natural brown but planeteers knew the story about his car buying... [/b][/quote]
is natural brown a good looking color? i never see that color interior. and i don't konw that story
Old 06-25-2003, 12:55 PM   #9 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
MrM3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrM3
Quote:
Originally posted by donutchow+Jun 25 2003, 10:31 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (donutchow @ Jun 25 2003, 10:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW@Jun 25 2003, 06:29 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ski
Quote:
@Jun 24 2003, 03:31 PM

my mom drive my bros 330 the one day and she was bitchin like crazy....he really wanted natural brown but planeteers knew the story about his car buying...
is natural brown a good looking color? i never see that color interior. and i don't konw that story [/b][/quote]
natural brown is awesome, its like a 2-tone interior with dark tan and black, and looks awesome with titanium trim. i think bmw also does the 2tone thing with the red interior.
MrM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 10:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
ex owner/admin

Car: turbo e36 325/s50 and e46 330xi
Photos:
Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious
Send a message via AIM to Furious
i dont mind it at all. its hot at first but fine after a while. much like in the winter when you first get in, its freezing cold
Old 06-27-2003, 06:11 AM   #11 (permalink)
SpeedsterBMW

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Originally posted by donutchow+Jun 25 2003, 01:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (donutchow @ Jun 25 2003, 01:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW@Jun 25 2003, 06:29 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ski
Quote:
@Jun 24 2003, 03:31 PM

is natural brown a good looking color? i never see that color interior. and i don't konw that story [/b][/quote]
natural brown, when i saw the car he ordered, wasnt as brown as i thought it would be, it was darker then the tan, it was interesting, but very nice. I dont know if you were there long enough, or maybe you didnt read the E46 category.....daniels was trying to rip my bro off on the 2003 that he ordered (premium, step, heated seats, xenons) so we went to thompson and found a 2002 with EVERYTHING, including the 18"s except the navigation for $60 less a month, it was the LAST month of 2002's to be produced (8/02 production) were as his 2003 was a 9/02...the 2003 was $663 a month, when only $600 was talked about when he ordered the car. Daniels eventually came down to $600 but my dad said screw them, went to thompson and bought the much more pimp car, which is $600, and thompson includes ALOT more things
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Bimmer Talk/Motorsports Talk