BMW Werkz banner

airbag reset tool

16K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  L337E46 
#1 ·
just a quick review:

http://www.peakeresearch.com/srstool.htm

i got this thing for my airbag light that has been on since forever because i messed around with the seat connectors without disconnecting the battery (doh). i finally had to fix it because i had a safety inspection coming up.

i'd say the price is reasonable considering what you get. you can scan for SRS system faults (comes with a book with all the codes) which in itself would be a $100 trip to the dealer. it will also reset the light if you want. and if you have friends, you can charge them to reset their lights too. just kidding.

so i reset the light. naturally the light stayed off because the problem had long since been rectified (not erectified or rectumfied).

i grade this product an A for ease of use, functionality, and FAST delivery. it even comes in its own nifty carrying case.

disclaimer: i have no affiliation with peake research

See less See more
#6 ·
Most mechanics already have a similar tool so if you have work done to your car they can do it in 2 seconds for free

#7 ·
I need one for the ABS system and can't find one at a reasonable price. It's annoying as hell, in unpredictable intervals my ABS and ASC lights come on. I cleaned all the wheel speed sensors, checked the relays and no go. I went around some BMW shops to get quotes on getting the readout and the price ranges from $70 to $120. It's ridiculous.

#8 ·
Originally posted by panzerfaust@Jul 7 2003, 03:53 PM
I need one for the ABS system and can't find one at a reasonable price. It's annoying as hell, in unpredictable intervals my ABS and ASC lights come on. I cleaned all the wheel speed sensors, checked the relays and no go. I went around some BMW shops to get quotes on getting the readout and the price ranges from $70 to $120. It's ridiculous.
Did you check your wires that are grounded on the front right and front left fenders yet? I had the same problem... One of the grounds was loose...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.