BMW Werkz banner

2004 Changes for BMW vehicles

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  AZ325Ci 
#1 ·
BMW Model Year 2004 Changes

The changes to the 2004 BMW model line-up are listed below by Series and by model. Please Note: This is a preliminary document and is subject to change. Model equipment, standard and optional features for some models have not yet been finalized.

3 Series

All 3 Series Models

* 6-Speed SMG (Sequential Manual Gearbox) Transmission will be available on most rear-wheel-drive 3 Series, when combined with the Sport Package as of 10/03 production. It will not be available with all-wheel-drive or the 330i Performance Package.
* Rain-sensing windshield wipers and automatic headlight control will become standard features on the Sedan and Sports Wagon - no longer part of the Premium Package (already standard on Coupes and Convertibles).
* Sirius Satellite Radio is available as an accessory.

325i and 325i Sports Wagon
* 5-spoke alloy wheel (Style 119) replaces 7-spoke alloy wheel (Style 96) in the Sport Package
* Bluetooth wireless hands-free cellular phone system will be available as an accessory, but not in combination with BMW Assist.

325xi and 325xi Sports Wagon
* 5-spoke alloy wheel (Style 137) replaces 20-spoke alloy wheel (Style 73) in Sport Package
* Bluetooth wireless hands-free cellular phone system will be available as an accessory, but not in combination with BMW Assist.

330i and 330xi
* Black headlight surrounds and grill will replace titan silver.
* Lower grill will be a combination of body color and black.
* 5-spoke alloy wheel (Style 137) replaces 20-spoke alloy wheel (Style 73) in Sport Package
* 330i Performance Package will be available with the optional 5-speed STEPTRONIC automatic transmission including Sport and Manual shift modes (does not include 330xi).

325Ci and 330Ci - Coupe and Convertible (Available since March, 2003)
* Automatic headlight control standard (formerly optional with Premium Package)
* Revised front-end design
* Revised front and rear bumper contours
* Xenon headlights (low and high beams) now offered in combination with new Adaptive feature, which "steers" the headlights into roadway curves
* Revised taillight technology, incorporating BMW's innovative Adaptive Brakelights
* Revised wheel designs, both standard and optional
* Revised exterior colors
* Revised configuration climate-control panel

7 Series

745i and 745Li

* Multi-Spoke alloy wheels (Style 94) will replace Double-Spoke alloy wheels (Style 93) as the standard wheel, combined with all-season tires. Also available with all-season run-flat tires (a no-charge option).

All 7 Series Models
* Adaptive headlights, which "steer" the headlights into roadway curves, available as an option.
* Sirius Satellite Radio will be available as an accessory.

6 Series

* An all-new 6 Series will be available in the Spring of 2004.

5 Series

* An all-new 5 Series Sedan will be available at the end of September.

X5

All X5 Models

* X5 3.0i and X5 4.4i will receive an update, including exterior and styling changes, as well as a completely new all-wheel drive system (xDrive).
* Sirius Satellite Radio will be available as an accessory.

X5 3.0i
* 6 Speed Manual Transmission will become standard.

X5 4.4i
* 6-Speed Automatic Transmission will become standard.
* New 4.4L Engine with VALVETRONIC and Fully Variable Intake Manifold

X5 4.6is
* Will be discontinued

X3
* An all-new X3 Sports Activity Vehicle will be available in early 2004.

Z8 and BMW ALPINA ROADSTER V8
* The Z8 has reached the end of its production cycle and will no longer be produced.

Z4 roadster
* Sirius Satellite Radio will be available as an accessory as of 10/03 production.
* Rain-sensing windshield wipers will become a standard feature.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.