yo da bull - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2006, 04:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
bimmer3214 is on a distinguished road
yo da bull

okay so i have two alpine type R as you know 10" and i un hooked it all like 2 days ago and it was in perfect working condition it was in a tiny sealed box. I had a new box made, Ported this time because i heard they were better for bass response, upon hooking all my system back up i have no bass response at all just the subs making noise and moving but no beat behind them you know. I decided to cover the holes and low and behold theres the bass.. soo whats wrong hhaha
bimmer3214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2006, 06:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
da_administrator

Car: Its slow, gotta M20 in it
Photos:
da_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
Sounds like the tuning is WAY off, either that or you may have one of the subs out of phase with the other. Take the wire from one side or the other (doesnt really matter which), and swap the positive for the negative (not both sides, just one). See what that does. With the speakers moving, the latter sounds more like the culprit. See what happens and lemme know.

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
da_bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
take the wire from one side of what
Old 11-14-2006, 07:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Car: 92, 325i
Photos:
chavi is on a distinguished road
What kinda amp d u have?
chavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
da_administrator

Photos:
da_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer3214
take the wire from one side of what
Sorry, you have a positive and negative wire at each speaker. Swap the pos and neg at one speaker (dont mess with the other speaker).

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
Old 11-14-2006, 10:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
i have two mono alpine amps, so da bull your saying switch the neg and pos on the inside of the box or into the amp?
Old 11-14-2006, 10:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
jnstrcklnd is just really nicejnstrcklnd is just really nicejnstrcklnd is just really nicejnstrcklnd is just really nice
Quote:
i have two mono alpine amps, so da bull your saying switch the neg and pos on the inside of the box or into the amp?
He said at the speaker, but it doesnt matter, it's just the opposite end of the wires.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
da_administrator

Photos:
Quote:
Yeah whichever is easier to get to. I didnt know (or forgot, which is probably the case) you had two amps. You can do it at the amp too, just one amp, not the other. I just wanted to try a few things. Those "R"s should peform rather well in a ported enclosure. If you could also take some REALLY good measurements of the box and the diameter of the port, the length of the port, and number of ports, and post them. I wanna see where this thing is tuned at.

Old 11-15-2006, 06:24 AM   #9 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
aight i will do or try once i get home from work. thanks for your help and i will get back to you soon. oh and you want me to take wires from one sub the positvie and negative and switch them around so the neg is the positvie in to the amp but diconnect the other amp at the time
Old 11-15-2006, 07:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
da_administrator

Photos:
You have the wiring correct, but leave the other amp/sub hooked up. I would like to see what happens when you do that, I am thinking your bass should get louder.

Old 11-15-2006, 08:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
they were out of phase haha i decided screw doing it myself and just asked the guy at the audio store to look at it and that what he said fixed it and now it loud as shit
Old 11-15-2006, 09:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
da_administrator

Photos:
I kinda figured thats what it was. That's why I wanted to check the phasing of the subs first. Glad you got it fixed...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics