xm radio install - 2003 M3 coupe - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 10:37 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
warchild is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
xm radio install - 2003 M3 coupe

I have a 2003 M3 coupe (no navigation/CD changer ready) and I am interested in installing an XM satellite radio. My stereo is a BMW Business (HK sound).

Anyone carried out this install? I was looking at the kit at the address below. Not sure if this will plug and play with my Stereo ??

http://www.myradiostore.us/bundles/c...ni-cooper.html

Appreciate any feedback.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 10:40 PM
5th Gear Member

325isBaby is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to 325isBaby
Man if you want plug and play go with the car's pre-wired Sirius system...a little more spendy but no splicing and dicing to get it to work with the car's current audio system and I honestly don't know if XM will be compatable with the car most XM adds also have aftermarket decks.

http://www.myspace.com/330xigirl
Come see me at MySpace
#3 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 11:24 PM
Pandemonium Director

nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to nukeduster Send a message via MSN to nukeduster
edit: those kits are easy. ive done countless kits with gm vehicles of all kinds, im sure its the same with a bmw. usually just a t-harness and the xm is available thru one of the option menus in the radio after.

#4 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 04:30 PM
n00b

jonbth is on a distinguished road
I've done that install in my 06 325CI coupe. I took about 20 minutes to hook up and it works great. Your radio has to be "sat ready". You can save 18 presets and see the information on your radio, song, artist, etc.

You need to check your trunk on the left side under the lining for a 6 pin and a 3 pin connector that are taped together above the wheelwell. These are for the CD changer and will plug right into the adapter. You can also add a factory CD changer to the adapter.

The install is invisible except for the antenna that is inside the car just behnd the left headrest. I get good eception with the antenna inside the car.

Well worth the price. You won't be sorry if you purchase that kit. The price is very good also.
#5 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 11:48 AM
1st Gear Member

Chaosbunny is on a distinguished road
you're making a huge mistake......
SIRIUS is much better

1992 318i, Jet Black, Manual
Sirius Satellite Radio
#6 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute dutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to dutchbmw
Moved to right section

BMW '96 M3 (SOLD)
June 2005 Car Of The Month!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque
I was just dropped off here by aliens one day. They got bored with me.
#7 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 08:34 AM
n00b

jonbth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosbunny
you're making a huge mistake......
SIRIUS is much better
What do you base your claim on?

Are you a Sirius employee?
#8 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 10:24 AM
n00b

deltaman43 is on a distinguished road
Garage
contact tom @ european auto source european auto source - 714.369.8524 | how fast can we make your dream go, stop and corner?
they have all you'll need for the conversion. i bought & had installed their xm radio setup for my '02 M3 & LOVE it. A Great company. Let them lead you thru a hassle-free xm upgrade. XM! not sirius!

deltaman43
#9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2006, 03:47 AM
LYFE SUCK5

Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Ivan
i installed sirius in my 318. its decent, but im thinking about cancelling because i dont drive for long trips, so its kinda not being used to its full potential.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics