who'd a thought?! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 05-31-2008, 02:02 AM
The Messican

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MiguelACA
(Thread Starter)
who'd a thought?!

well, my first attempt at fitting a sub in the old sub enclosure failed miserably...moved on to something bigger...a 10'' cvx getting 500 watts of continous juice...helped alot...still unsatisified though...

about 2 weeks ago i ordered a small sub box off of ebay for $20....got here, fit perfectly in the passenger foot well without taking too much space

filled it with poly fill and screwed my 8'' cvr, and plugged it in...sounded like total crap! turns out there was an air leak...lots of them...

yesterday i bought some dynamat and sealed the airleaks and tried again, thumped half decent, mind you it was in the trunk half way out me holding it in my hand...

tonight i said fuck it...went to walmart...bought some cheap speaker wire and quickly ran it from the trunk to the passenger footwell...plugged in the little 8''cvr and cranked it...and what did i hear?!

LOUD ASS, HARD HITTING, THUMPING BASS!!!

WTF?! i was seriously weirded out!

so...the passenger footwell will be home to my sub now...gonna take the small ebay box to get recovered in matching carpet and get a nice speaker grill to protect it and cover that with speaker cloth as well for a stealthy look

damn...i never thought a little 8'' cvr in such a small box (less than 1/2 cubic foot airspace i think) could hit that freaking hard! i had to turn the bass down while driving!!!

might sell the old sub and box over on the z3 forum at bf.c, not sure what ill do with it yet, im sure it would sound amazing in a z3 coupe

A morning of awkwardness is better than a night of loneliness
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-31-2008, 04:42 AM
A NEW DAY RISES...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
Always with the projects you! Well GOOD for you that you finally got what you wanted! My 8" CvR is plenty o' thump thank you and has been ever since it was properly broken in and the crossovers on the amp were set right. Only on occasion have I sent a bit too much and gotten sort of a flapping noise. Pretty rare thing, and I may be thinking back before everything was properly set up again by my sound guy last year when I went for the additions. Anyway - glad you're thumpin' good "Miggy Walmart"

2008 ///M5 with Eisenmann race exhaust "Athena"
2013 VOLKSWAGEN Tiguan 2L Turbo
RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
RIP 2002 Z3 Roadster 2.5i - VF Supercharged, 5-speed, Brembos etc.
Turkey ///M Car Fleet Commander
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics