what do you think abotu this amp da_bull? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 03:31 PM
The Messican

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MiguelACA
(Thread Starter)
what do you think abotu this amp da_bull?

a friend is gonna give me this amp, havent had time to go get it or install it, looks complicated, what do you think? think it will make my sub bump harder?

Review: Sony XM2252HX

also,can i wire up my two amps to power my one subwoofer? one of the amps is 500rms and the other is 250rms both bridged and at 2ohms?

A morning of awkwardness is better than a night of loneliness

Last edited by MiguelACA; 05-13-2008 at 03:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 05:49 PM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
nope only one amp per sub. There isnt anyway to combine the two. We used to sell that sony amp, its pretty decent. I believe there is a switch to go to "high current" and be able to parallel your two coils together and make your new amp put out more power (1 ohm). remind me again, you have a dual 4ohm woofer?

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#3 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 11:43 PM
The Messican

MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_bull View Post
nope only one amp per sub. There isnt anyway to combine the two. We used to sell that sony amp, its pretty decent. I believe there is a switch to go to "high current" and be able to parallel your two coils together and make your new amp put out more power (1 ohm). remind me again, you have a dual 4ohm woofer?
yep, 4ohm dual voice coil

with my current amp (sony xplod xm-1s) i have the sub wire in parallel and bridged at the amp to get me "500" rms watts at 2 ohms

#4 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 05:35 AM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
I am pretty sure that new amp does 500 watts brdiged at 2ohm also. No gain here unless you just like the looks. Your other amp being a class D amp, its more efficient, so it shouldnt take quite as much power from your battery than the "AB" amp that 2252 is, to get to the 500 watts. Now if you really want to wake up your midrange, that'd be an awesome amp to do that. At 4 ohm stereo, I believe that amp does like 100-150 per channel which is the ideal 4:1 or 3:1 ratio, sub to midrange power. It has a good highpass crossover to protect your mids. Just turn the gain to about 1/4-1/2 and see how it sounds.

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#5 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 10:14 AM
The Messican

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_bull View Post
I am pretty sure that new amp does 500 watts brdiged at 2ohm also. No gain here unless you just like the looks. Your other amp being a class D amp, its more efficient, so it shouldnt take quite as much power from your battery than the "AB" amp that 2252 is, to get to the 500 watts. Now if you really want to wake up your midrange, that'd be an awesome amp to do that. At 4 ohm stereo, I believe that amp does like 100-150 per channel which is the ideal 4:1 or 3:1 ratio, sub to midrange power. It has a good highpass crossover to protect your mids. Just turn the gain to about 1/4-1/2 and see how it sounds.
hmmm...interesting, well i really dont like how it looks...its BIG..i guess ill try it out just out of curiosity

#6 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 05:42 AM
da_administrator

lol yeah that amp has a big footprint.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics