BMW Werkz banner

Weak Am Singal

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  da_bull 
#1 ·
I have a 94 325i bmw That gets very little if any AM Singal. It was like that on my factory deck and is like that on my new deck, I was wandering if anybody knew How I could stregthen the signal. Thanks.

#2 ·
If your AM reception is poor you may have a bad antenna, or wire going to the antenna. If you have a different antenna that you can temporarily plug into your new deck, try that and see how your reception is. Since you have replaced the deck, I am betting on that being the issue.

#3 ·
i was told that tint on the back window can cause weak AM signals

#4 ·
The tint usually goes on the inside :poke . Actually yes it could affect it if the tint was on the outside, because the metal in most decent window films could block the performance. The antennas in the rear windows, even with tint, are exposed to the outside above the tint. They are then connected in the car with a coaxial, and the tint cant affect them there either. The way AM works it REALLY has to have a good, working antenna system. FM can actually be picked up by sticking a paperclip in the antenna hole (i wouldnt advise it but it does work.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.