BMW Werkz banner

Upgrading Stock Alarm System

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  007ben 
#1 ·
Hi all B) I searched a while without any success for the information I need.

I have a 318i 1998 (e36) with what I suppose is the stock alarm system. I have a 3 buttons remote that locks the doors and enables the alarm. If I open a door without the remote... big panic :p

So... Is this system good enough... I heard of Stellar or ?? upgrade?? Is it that simple to install?? Why is this better? I will not put "jobber" alarm that will need a lot of wire cuts to make it work, that sure!

Thanks for your replies :)

Henri

#3 ·
Steallar good if it works right... mine mostly works. my parking lights don't flash and windows don't go up but I have a few therorys to that one.

Stellar uses the code hoping stuff and is more expandable. Stellar uses a shock sensor vs a window break sensor so if someon hits, bumbs or cat jumps on your car it may set off the alarm depending on the sensitity level you set. Rhe sensor is 2 stage so i will warn then alarm. and you can add another sensor like a window break, ultrasonic sensor, or proximty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.