Transmitter Alarm Question - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 04:43 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
emust is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
I have a factory keyless alarm and I would like to increase the remote range of the alarm. Can anyone suggest a transmitter or if this is at all possible? Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 06:46 PM
1st Gear Member

victorgallas is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by emust@Jan 23 2005, 04:43 PM
I have a factory keyless alarm and I would like to increase the remote range of the alarm. Can anyone suggest a transmitter or if this is at all possible? Thanks for your help.
[snapback]277558[/snapback]
first make sure the batterys on the trasnmitter are reasonable new, old batteries wen begin to fail, will greatly reduce range..

then if you still want to try something, do the following,,

romeve the glove box, behind it youll find the alarm unit, then a little tin black wire, that is the antenna, i would increase the lenght of the wire and tun the wire up on the a pillar collum behing the trim, this way the anttena is up there and not buried all the way in there..

i have not tryed this one, but is waht comes on my mind,

i really dont think there is nothing you can do internally to the remote or the unit..

keep us posted..

You are a BMW driver when you become part of the "Ultimate Driving Machine"

Fraude an Fahren
BMW > Bayerische Motorenwerke

Auf Viedersehen der herr

www.clemsonfsae.com
#3 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 06:54 PM
Been here a while.

97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to 97alpineM3 Send a message via MSN to 97alpineM3
Moving, you might get better information in the electronic forum..

Peace,

Les

1997 E36 M3 1990 E30 325i
#4 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 10:22 PM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
Quote:
Originally posted by victorgallas+Jan 23 2005, 05:46 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(victorgallas @ Jan 23 2005, 05:46 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-emust@Jan 23 2005, 04:43 PM
[snapback]277558[/snapback]
first make sure the batterys on the trasnmitter are reasonable new, old batteries wen begin to fail, will greatly reduce range..

then if you still want to try something, do the following,,

romeve the glove box, behind it youll find the alarm unit, then a little tin black wire, that is the antenna, i would increase the lenght of the wire and tun the wire up on the a pillar collum behing the trim, this way the anttena is up there and not buried all the way in there..

i have not tryed this one, but is waht comes on my mind,

i really dont think there is nothing you can do internally to the remote or the unit..

keep us posted..
[snapback]277671[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]

The antenna is preset to a certain length. Lengthening or shortening will only hinder the performance. Unfortunately there is no way to increase the distance of a factory alarm. The aftermarket ones have much better range. You can try to move the wire to a different spot, but changing the length, changes the frequency at which it recieves. Hope this helps...

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics