Tom Tom Go Gps Navigation System... - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2005, 02:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
quality

Car: 2001 330i & 2011 550i
Photos:
Delmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Hey Guys/Gals,
I just won this on Ebay. Anyone use this? I hear they're great. I'm Tired of Mapquest Printouts and Atlases all over the floor of my BMW! Also Mapquest SUCKS ASS!

Anyway...I can't wait to have this in my car....

Delamarco
Attached Thumbnails
Tom Tom Go Gps Navigation System...-28_1.jpg  

Old 01-18-2005, 03:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car: 2003 M5
Photos:
Rooz is an unknown quantity at this point
let me know how it works, bcs I as well, am tired of mapquest print outs

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS
I am worth $2,010,238 on HumanForSale.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg
Umnitza now provides a mechanic to install all parts ordered right in the box! It's their new "Total customer service program" that will eliminate all the haters and keep incompetents from breaking shit and blaming the vendor! When you are all set simply call INS and they will pick him up free of charge.
Rooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 06:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
WOT in Reverse

Car:
Photos:
jllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jllphan
I wuz thinkin about getting that Garman add on piece for my laptop, but that thingy looks kinda cool. How much?
Old 01-22-2005, 12:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
vinnienap is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Rooz@Jan 18 2005, 04:47 PM
let me know how it works, bcs I as well, am tired of mapquest print outs
[snapback]274230[/snapback]
I received a TomTom Go GPS unit for Christmas and it works great! So far it's worked flawlessly. The only thing missing is POI's (Points of Interest) of Dunkin Donuts, but it lists Starbucks and all of the major fast food chains, and just about any other eatery in my area (Boston). I think you'll enjoy it.
vinnienap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 12:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car: 2003 M5
Photos:
Rooz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by vinnienap@Jan 22 2005, 01:14 PM
I received a TomTom Go GPS unit for Christmas and it works great! So far it's worked flawlessly. The only thing missing is POI's (Points of Interest) of Dunkin Donuts, but it lists Starbucks and all of the major fast food chains, and just about any other eatery in my area (Boston). I think you'll enjoy it.
[snapback]276778[/snapback]

Any idea how much they go for? And how hard was it to install?

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS
I am worth $2,010,238 on HumanForSale.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg
Umnitza now provides a mechanic to install all parts ordered right in the box! It's their new "Total customer service program" that will eliminate all the haters and keep incompetents from breaking shit and blaming the vendor! When you are all set simply call INS and they will pick him up free of charge.
Rooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 04:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
vinnienap is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Rooz+Jan 22 2005, 01:26 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rooz @ Jan 22 2005, 01:26 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-vinnienap@Jan 22 2005, 01:14 PM
I received a TomTom Go GPS unit for Christmas and it works great!* So far it's worked flawlessly.* The only thing missing is POI's (Points of Interest) of Dunkin Donuts, but it lists Starbucks and all of the major fast food chains, and just about any other eatery in my area (Boston).* I think you'll enjoy it.

[snapback]276803[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]
I paid about $650.00 at Tiger GPS online, and it's very simple to install
vinnienap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 04:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
sbent528 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by vinnienap+Feb 15 2005, 07:42 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vinnienap @ Feb 15 2005, 07:42 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by Rooz@Jan 22 2005, 01:26 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-vinnienap
Quote:
@Jan 22 2005, 01:14 PM

[snapback]291850[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]

Vinnie,

What do you recommend for install? On top of the dash or via the suction cup to the windshield? Confirm that the suction cup apparatus comes standard in the box with the GPS and is not an additional accessory you have to procure. Thanks.
sbent528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 04:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
quality

Car: 2001 330i & 2011 550i
Photos:
Delmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by sbent528+Feb 20 2005, 04:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sbent528 @ Feb 20 2005, 04:07 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by vinnienap@Feb 15 2005, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Rooz@Jan 22 2005, 01:26 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-vinnienap
Quote:
Quote:
@Jan 22 2005, 01:14 PM
I received a TomTom Go GPS unit for Christmas and it works great!* So far it's worked flawlessly.* The only thing missing is POI's (Points of Interest) of Dunkin Donuts, but it lists Starbucks and all of the major fast food chains, and just about any other eatery in my area (Boston).* I think you'll enjoy it.

[snapback]291850[/snapback]
Vinnie,

What do you recommend for install? On top of the dash or via the suction cup to the windshield? Confirm that the suction cup apparatus comes standard in the box with the GPS and is not an additional accessory you have to procure. Thanks.
[snapback]295520[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]

I have mine suctioned to the windshield on my E36...it only suctions well dead center on the flat most part above the central vents...I first suctioned it on the driver's side corner where the windshield curves and it kept falling out all the time.

I realized it was the curve in the glass. But suction it above your vents and it'll stay....onething though about that position is that it catches glares from the sun during peak sun hours (11am to 2pm in NYC this time of year) Its not bad but expect it...

Great Product by the way...I've been using mine since last month and no regrets. Just constantly worried about theft if I leave it mounted in my car.
Old 03-12-2005, 11:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Car: 2008 128i
Photos:
007ben is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to 007ben Send a message via Yahoo to 007ben
can i see some action shots? I wanna see one in a bimmer. I want one but wanna see how they look installed/use in our cars.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Boxbrownie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Boxbrownie Send a message via MSN to Boxbrownie
I have been using TomTom nav for a couple of years now on my PDA, but just recently bought Go at the Channel Tunnel (cheaper there they match the VAT reduction) and I have to say TTGo is better than the PDA route (pardon the pun).

As to the glare, you right its bloody awfull, but what you need is a PDA screen protector which is matt, its makes the screen so much easier to read in bright daylight and almost completely eliminates reflections. I used a "WriteSHIELD" protector.

Got mine centrally attached to the windscreen to and find it about the best place.

Have you been to www.pocketgps.co.uk a very useful site and full of tips and info.

Best regards David
Boxbrownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 12:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Boxbrownie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Boxbrownie Send a message via MSN to Boxbrownie
And I do object to being called an "idle member" I may be a bit lazy occasionally, but idle? nah......
Boxbrownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 01:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
abooyeung is an unknown quantity at this point

Just for curiousity, how is this different than the Nav systems in the BMW?

also, anyone have an updated CD for the NAV?

Thanks,
abooyeung
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics