tints - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 02:25 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
e90_330xi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to e90_330xi
(Thread Starter)
tints

I live in NY and i know the law for tints are 30% which isnt dark at all and almost pointless, now i dont want the tints on my 2006 alpine 330xi too dark cause at night u cant see ur fricken mirrors but is 20% that much darker? pics would help out so much THANKS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 03:48 PM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
Look at photos of my car in the vbgarage for an example of 20% tint...i.e. only allowing 20% of the light through.

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

1995 E38 740i. Highly modded. Faster than you.

Sold 2-28-07: 1997 E36 M3/4, 8-30-05 RIP 1997 528i

Lindsay fan club member.
#3 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 07:35 PM
n00b

benji is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to benji
anything on the back, nothing on the fronts..thats the law =D
#4 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 06:40 AM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
They actually vary from state to state, and the laws change all the time. For example in my state of Moooossouri, up until 2002, you had to have a permit to do ANYTHING on the front windows, had to have a state inspection at the Highway Patrol using their light meter, and THEN you could only go to 35% on the front rolldowns. Anything goes behind the drivers head. For 6 months (actually a screwup by the way the law was actually written by our lovely govt.), Oct 2001-Feb 2002, 35% on EVERY window, no permit needed anymore. This made THOUSANDS of cars immediately illegal across the state. Of course the state took advantage of the situation handing out tickets left and right. In Feb 2002, they re-wrote the law to what it is today: 35% on the front rolldowns, anything goes behind the drivers head, no permit needed.

Find your state, tint your windows: http://www.tintdude.com/laws.html

Notes on this website:

1. The AS1 they refer to is the little mark around 4-8" down from the top of your front windshield, most cars have factory tinted glass (not film) from the factory down to there.

2. the NET/Film column is just that: if your windows already have tinting on them, the total between the factory tint and the aftermarket film cannot be darker than listed in that column.

3. the lower the number the darker the film.

4. the 18-20% film is about what a typical SUV and/or minivan has from the factory in the rear if it has been tinted, just for reference.

5. I just noticed his chart hasnt been updated in a bit so check with your Highway Patrol for current regulations.

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics