Sub and amp recommendations - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2007, 02:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Lasse is on a distinguished road
Sub and amp recommendations

hello everyone,

Just bought myself a 1996 323i.

Got some hifonics zeus 6x9'' for the rear, leaving the front as it is.

I have a sub and an amp from my old 320i. No name amp and a 12'' phoenix gold sub.

So I want to get something better sub and amp wise (but not wanting to spend 1000$ either).

What are your recommendations? And how should it be placed in the trunk for optimal sound.

PS: Its a sedan.

Hopefully some of you can help me.
Lasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2007, 02:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
The Messican

Car: 2000 2.3 Z3
Photos:
MiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MiguelACA
i had two 10'' kickers in a sealed box with an Xtreme 500 watt monoblock amp...thumped real nice in my old 325i

A morning of awkwardness is better than a night of loneliness
MiguelACA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 04:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car: 1994 BMW 325i
Photos:
samsonsbeam is hated around these parts
sealed box definitely, facing away from the back seat. I have a rockford 12" with an orion amp and it's perfect.
samsonsbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
da_administrator

Car: Its slow, gotta M20 in it
Photos:
da_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
Phoenix Gold makes some REAL good components. I'd just do some digging on what parameters your sub wants, and find an amp/box that matches the sub. You'd probably be suprised what that sub will do properly powered and the correct enclosure. Good luck on your journey.

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
da_bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 09:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Thx for your help so far.

A little update: Rear still hifonics ZXi 693, front Helix E105 (found out that i didnt have any front speakers ).

Still the no name amp and the phoenix gold sub.

HU is an Alpine CDA-9855R.

da_bull, ill take a closer look at the sub and try to find some info about it.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
da_administrator

Car: Its slow, gotta M20 in it
Photos:
da_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond reputeda_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
If you can find out the model number and/or a URL to your subs parameters, I can probably help you figure out box size.

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
da_bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
So it's a Phoenix Gold XS 124.

Really appreciate the help da_bull
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics