Stock Stereo - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 03-15-2005, 09:42 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
rb26 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
My stereo in my 93 740iL just says code, it doesn't make a sound, the speaker still work because the carphone makes sound through the speakers. how do i get this thing to get me crunk. i'm using my portable cd player when i drive ghead
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-15-2005, 10:17 PM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
check in your owners manual, a lot of people leave their radio code in there. The radio basically thinks it has been stolen, whether the battery has been unhooked, radio has been taken out, etc.

The speakers are working because the radio is actually turning on the amplifier but no signal can get to it because its anti-theft is locked.

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#3 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 02:09 PM
Neutral Member

sweetlilbug is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to sweetlilbug Send a message via Yahoo to sweetlilbug
Quote:
Originally posted by da_bull@Mar 15 2005, 11:17 PM
check in your owners manual, a lot of people leave their radio code in there. The radio basically thinks it has been stolen, whether the battery has been unhooked, radio has been taken out, etc.

The speakers are working because the radio is actually turning on the amplifier but no signal can get to it because its anti-theft is locked.
[snapback]312408[/snapback]
Had same problem with my car. I just unhooked the battery for 10 minutes and hooked back up and viola code was gone and I had sound.

<span style='font-family:Geneva'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:green'>Drive or tow a BMW.........Nuff said!!!!</span></span></span>
#4 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 09:49 PM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
Thats suprising, because the function of the code is if the radio is stolen it wont work in another car without the code. Thats great if it works, its worth a 10 minute shot. Post if you try that and it works I'd be interested to know.

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#5 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 11:24 PM
Power Shifting

Cruzin 323is is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Cruzin 323is
your sopposed to bring it back to the dealer, and get the code... they charge like 80 bucks to take it out, then plug it into the computer, and get the code..

its a 1 time thing.. these things happen when your battery dies, or when the radio thinks it was stolen.. u simply have to push the code in, and it works again!!

-SOLD..
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2229108/1 *UPDATED 8.25.06*
R.I.P Fast 6

stuff for sale on my e36.. CHeck it out!
http://www.bimmerwerkz.com/forum/aft...e36-49128.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics