BMW Werkz banner

Stock Stereo

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Cruzin 323is 
#1 ·
My stereo in my 93 740iL just says code, it doesn't make a sound, the speaker still work because the carphone makes sound through the speakers. how do i get this thing to get me crunk. i'm using my portable cd player when i drive :banghead :cya :driving

#2 ·
check in your owners manual, a lot of people leave their radio code in there. The radio basically thinks it has been stolen, whether the battery has been unhooked, radio has been taken out, etc.

The speakers are working because the radio is actually turning on the amplifier but no signal can get to it because its anti-theft is locked.

#3 ·
Originally posted by da_bull@Mar 15 2005, 11:17 PM
check in your owners manual, a lot of people leave their radio code in there. The radio basically thinks it has been stolen, whether the battery has been unhooked, radio has been taken out, etc.

The speakers are working because the radio is actually turning on the amplifier but no signal can get to it because its anti-theft is locked.
[snapback]312408[/snapback]​
Had same problem with my car. I just unhooked the battery for 10 minutes and hooked back up and viola code was gone and I had sound.

#4 ·
Thats suprising, because the function of the code is if the radio is stolen it wont work in another car without the code. Thats great if it works, its worth a 10 minute shot. Post if you try that and it works I'd be interested to know.

#5 ·
your sopposed to bring it back to the dealer, and get the code... they charge like 80 bucks to take it out, then plug it into the computer, and get the code..

its a 1 time thing.. these things happen when your battery dies, or when the radio thinks it was stolen.. u simply have to push the code in, and it works again!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.