Stock Amp In Trunk Questions...... - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 06:08 PM
3rd Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
kyle_baker is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to kyle_baker Send a message via MSN to kyle_baker Send a message via Yahoo to kyle_baker Send a message via Skype™ to kyle_baker
(Thread Starter)
a while back i read about the amps that came in the trunk and i inspected my trunk and found it sitting on the left side wall of the trunk of my car. Does anyone know the specs of these amps? also would it be hard to replace with an upgraded amp or are these amps good enough. Oh yeah, it looked like an amp so i'm guessing that was it, anyone know tho?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 06-04-2005, 10:06 PM
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to kyle_baker Send a message via MSN to kyle_baker Send a message via Yahoo to kyle_baker Send a message via Skype™ to kyle_baker
(Thread Starter)
#3 (permalink) Old 06-05-2005, 09:28 AM
Been here a while.

97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to 97alpineM3 Send a message via MSN to 97alpineM3
Your not getting a good response cause this is the wrong forum...

I'll move it,

Les

1997 E36 M3 1990 E30 325i
#4 (permalink) Old 06-05-2005, 08:40 PM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
That should be your amp. No dont use it if your thinking of upgrading at all :P . ANY aftermarket amplifier will put out more power than your factory amp. What DOES work really well is the fact that all your speaker wires are at one location. They are the twisted pairs and they go to each individual speaker. This makes it a walk in the park to replace your existing amplifier with one more worthy of our cars. They are roughly 20-25 watts per channel RMS (RMS is the only value/measurement you should use when purchasing a new amp). Hope that helps....

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#5 (permalink) Old 06-05-2005, 10:46 PM
3rd Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
any suggestions for a good amp? So far i've just replaced my stock speakers with some sony xplods and left the stock tweeters, what kind of amp should i get to get the most out of these speakers for a reasonable price?
#6 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 08:28 PM
1st Gear Member

Storamin is an unknown quantity at this point
Did you ever find a good amp? I'd have no clue what to run power wise.

#7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 06:08 PM
3rd Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
no, still not found anything, never really got any good suggestions tho, maybe you'll have better luck. cheers!
#8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 05:16 AM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Make sure you get one with a crossover in it (most do already) We use an Alpine MRP-F240 to run all of our midrange in our limos. They are a cheap amp and perform rather well. They have independent crossovers and gains for front and rear. A good amp for the money. For a little more, the V12 series are quite a bit better.

Good Luck....

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#9 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 05:48 PM
5th Gear Member

sp0rky is an unknown quantity at this point
Even with an aftermarket amp with a built in crossover, your going to have to lose the stock tweeter... Just so you know ahead of time.

#10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 06:02 PM
3rd Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
any suggestions on where to buy new, better tweeters online then?
#11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 08:57 PM
da_administrator

Your new Sonys should have come with tweeters attached (I am assuming they are coaxials). So you should have four tweeters in your car as it sits. I would concentrate on getting the amp installed and see how your new speakers perform. If it still isnt "tweetery" enough for you, then worry about adding them in. You may be suprised how the Sonys perform with some real power going to them.

hope that helps....

#12 (permalink) Old 07-30-2005, 09:26 AM
3rd Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
oh, i know the sonys will hold up well, i just thought he was talking about replacing the tweeters in the doors that are built in. the sonys will be fine.
#13 (permalink) Old 07-30-2005, 10:06 AM
7th Gear (SMG)

4evrwyntr is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 4evrwyntr Send a message via MSN to 4evrwyntr Send a message via Yahoo to 4evrwyntr
Are you talking about the component tweeters in front (above the ... I think they're 5.25" speakers in the door)? I heard that both of those (speaker and the tweeter) are difficult to DIY. Just a word of fair warning. You could always use the head unit to push more power to the back. I guess.

Crap, I think I may be a yuppie...
1998 BMW e36 M3 Sedan
2003 MINI Cooper
#14 (permalink) Old 07-30-2005, 10:37 AM
3rd Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
#15 (permalink) Old 07-30-2005, 01:13 PM
5th Gear Member

sp0rky is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by kyle_baker@Jul 30 2005, 08:26 AM
oh, i know the sonys will hold up well, i just thought he was talking about replacing the tweeters in the doors that are built in. the sonys will be fine.
[snapback]366229[/snapback]
I only said that because you said in a previous post that you left the stock tweeters. I'm just saying that if you left them hooked up, you will no longer be able to use them with an aftermarket amp. That is all.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics