BMW Werkz banner

speakers on right side don't work

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  da_bull 
#1 ·
I have a 92 325i with the stock sound system. However all the speakers on the right side don't work( footwell, 2 on door, and rear deckshelf speaker). I do not have the balance on the radio turned to the left. Is there a fuse that controls the right speakers or what could be wrong? thank you

#2 ·
no fuse, but there is a few things that could be wrong. it could be all the right side speakers (not likely), the preamp section of the radio (or amp) is only left and right (2 channels). this section of the radio/amp is more than likely the culprit. I am assuming your problem is with all sources (AM/FM/Cassette). unfortunately there isnt an easy way to find out the culprit. a good repair shop or if you have a buddy that also owns a 325 that you can borrow his radio :D. really after 13 years of service, the radio is past its time to let go. a new radio would be better than repairing yours, you will get more features, i am assuming a CD player, more power, and better sound.

hope that helps...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.