Speaker setup? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 12:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BMW Kraft is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Speaker setup?

I want to... no, need to, upgrade my sound system. It's already after market but it sounds terrible :

Anyway what are the size of the speakers and how many are there? I have a 4-door '92 318i. As well I want to put 1 sub in somewhere. As well I already have a Sony 10 cd changer but it doesn't play burnt cds so that definitelty needs an upgrade. I have a Sony XPlod deck, not sure of the model, I might keep this deck, i'll see the sound quality after I swap the speakers.

Please help me in making this shopping list for the next time I go to the car audio shop
Thanks ahead of time.

'92 318i - Bilstein Sport Tuned Suspension, Performance Tuned Chip
///BMW=-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 03:57 PM
1st Gear Member

BMW Kraft is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
no one knows how many or what size the speakers are in my car?

damn i need to bust out the ruler

'92 318i - Bilstein Sport Tuned Suspension, Performance Tuned Chip
///BMW=-
#3 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 11:14 PM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
318 should have 4 - 5.25"ers.

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#4 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 12:15 AM
3rd Gear Member

Kissner is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Kissner
To be certain take it to a local car audio place. Best Buy actually is what i used to find out my speaker size. They got all the sizes in there will computer catalog. As far as brands to buy, it's all on how deep your checkbook is. Car audio is pretty much u pay what u get for for the most part. With my personal experiences, i would stay away from Sony. If you want a new deck, take a look at Alpine. They've got models to accomodate your needs and to fit your budget. What kinda money are u planning on spending?
#5 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 11:00 PM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
i agree with the Alpine over Sony statement, for sure. Best Buy/Crutchfield/etc....the speaker size programs dont really reflect what is actually in our cars. MANY times I have seen a Harmon Kardon setup (10 speakers) in our cars and their programs say absolutely nothing about it.

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#6 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 09:33 AM
3rd Gear Member

Kissner is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Kissner
I was only speaking from personal experiences-so you are probably right.
#7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 11:06 AM
5th Gear Member

Rooz is an unknown quantity at this point
Are you trying to make it sound GOOD or just better than what you have?

Alpine is extremely over rated specially for speakers.... Only "good" alpine speaker's I've heard are F1s...

Let me know what your budget is and if you are going to amp these and I'll give a good quote for what to do

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS
I am worth $2,010,238 on HumanForSale.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg
Umnitza now provides a mechanic to install all parts ordered right in the box! It's their new "Total customer service program" that will eliminate all the haters and keep incompetents from breaking shit and blaming the vendor! When you are all set simply call INS and they will pick him up free of charge.
#8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 05:48 PM
3rd Gear Member

bimmer3214 is on a distinguished road
rooz i think alpines sound good i have two type R's and i think they sound amazing. but those are subs. i have never heard mid range or highs in alpine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics