Originally Posted by mmclaren
Now its time to work out how to upgrade the front argh
My speaker panels didnt come with the tweeter hole
if you don't mind making that hole i would use a 1.5" hole-saw. if you buy any component speaker system, the tweeters usually come with a "flush mount".
1. buy components that have a "flush mount" tweeter. they pretty much all say "flush and surface mount"
2. take the flush mount to home depot and buy a hole-saw that you can fit the mount into.
3. put a small drill bit into the hole-saw so that you have an easy time starting the hole and so the drill doesn't slip and chew up your leather/vinyl door. (i made that mistake the first time i did this.)
4. pick a place on the door that has about an inch of clearance behind the panel. i recommend a place near the woofer for the best "imaging". but others would say that up higher on the door is better because your leg isn't blocking the tweeter. i also think it looks cooler by the woofer.
5. drill a hole and snap the tweeter into it... the tweeter mounts have little clips made just for putting them in door panels, so they will stay snug without having to screw them into the door.
alternatively you could just buy coaxial speakers which would be way easier, but no fun at all.