Sound Systems - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 10:47 PM
2nd Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Old_School_Bimmer is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Old_School_Bimmer
(Thread Starter)
Was just wondering what type of sound systems u guys/girls are running in ur bmw's i have a stock one that sucks ass all i got is an alpine deck and when i put the volume too high the sound shuts off i think i need an amp. but i was just curious what type of systems my favorite ppl are running.

Theo .... :P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 11:15 PM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
I have the same you have, and it doesn't work now ghead

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#3 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 11:27 PM
350z

bigred318 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to bigred318 Send a message via Yahoo to bigred318
in the 325.... hmmm stock head unit, stock speakers, nothing added etc... just the way i like it

in the 318 (from when i first got the car and was all into "bumps" 2 12 inch rockfords a rockford amp, sony head unit etc.... that stuff will stay in that car where it belongs...

David
#4 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 12:15 AM
What? No Autobahn?

jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile
read sig

#5 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 07:22 PM
n00b

TWKTCC is an unknown quantity at this point
Harmon Kardon Traffic Pro H.U., Infinity 5 1/4 coax in front doors, factory tweeters in same, factory rear door mids and factory rear deck speakers, Zapco 360.4 running all the above, Zapco 500.1 running a single Kicker L7. The sub is in fiberglass box painted to match the car tucked into the corner over the battery, the Amps are on a custom fiberglass podium painted to match as well. The podium is up near the back seat. All of this is in a 2000 528i.
#6 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 11:13 PM
Power Shifting

Cruzin 323is is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Cruzin 323is
check the sig!

-SOLD..
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2229108/1 *UPDATED 8.25.06*
R.I.P Fast 6

stuff for sale on my e36.. CHeck it out!
http://www.bimmerwerkz.com/forum/aft...e36-49128.html
#7 (permalink) Old 03-19-2005, 06:41 PM
3rd Gear Member

Kissner is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Kissner
In my 98 M3 i'm running Boston Acoustics 6.5 series midrange and tweeters, Boston Acoustics rear components, 12" Alpine X Type sub, 1500D Hifonics Amp, Audiobahn 2 Farad Capacitor, Alpine 9833 HU and 0 gauge Monster wiring.
#8 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 11:45 AM
WOT in Reverse

jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jllphan
#9 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 11:04 PM
1st Gear Member

ganjacyde is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ganjacyde Send a message via MSN to ganjacyde
alpine cda9811 hu, hk sound package, alpine mrd-m1000 amp, 3 alpine 12" type-r's
i like it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sub_01.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	219.2 KB
ID:	18722   Click image for larger version

Name:	sub_02.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	171.7 KB
ID:	18723  

<embed src="http://www.svcountryclub.com/upload/e36m42.swf" width="420" height="140" background="none" menu="false">
#10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 11:05 PM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
E34: Premier DEH-P80MP, Xtant 403x (for mids), Infinity Kappa 50.2cs (front and rear), Pioneer XM tuner, Focal 27K2 subs (vented through ski hole), Phoenix Gold XS2300 (for subs).

1972 Chevelle: Sony Mobile ES, (2 pair) Orion 5.25 in fiberglass kickpanel enclosures, (3 pair, yes 6) Infinity Kappa 6x9" running freeair in rear deck, 2 XTR400's (1 for front, 1 for rear), no subs as the motor is to loud (thank you Flowmaster) and it makes any sub enclosure sound like poo-poo believe me I've tried 10-15 different combinations, and the 6x9"ers actually have as much bass as my two 11"ers in the bimmer, Street Wires 1 farad capacitor.

1932 ford: still in the working stage, but looking at Navigation pieces for traveling purposes (car shows etc), I have two pair of Orion NT 6.5" Component sets to go in there and an older Eclipse headunit.

whew....

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#11 (permalink) Old 03-26-2005, 08:36 PM
n00b

mncmark is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a 95 525 and im trying to install a JVC stereo, the power all works but when i attempt to hook the speakers up i have no sound, can someone help me, my email address is mncmark@yahoo.com. Thank You
#12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2005, 10:17 PM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
Quote:
Originally posted by mncmark@Mar 26 2005, 08:36 PM
I have a 95 525 and im trying to install a JVC stereo, the power all works but when i attempt to hook the speakers up i have no sound, can someone help me, my email address is mncmark@yahoo.com. Thank You
[snapback]319078[/snapback]
Your JVC radio will have a blue wire w/ white stripe. I hope that you bought a wiring harness to install your radio. If so, hook the JVC's blue/white wire to the blue wire and the blue/white wire on your aftermarket harness. This turns on your factory amplifier to make the speakers play. If you cut the factory plug out of the car (I hope not), you will need to hook that blue/white wire from the JVC to the white wire in the harness (pin 16 on the factory side) together, that will turn the amplifier on. Good luck...

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#13 (permalink) Old 04-02-2005, 08:57 PM
1st Gear Member

newbimmerdriver is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to newbimmerdriver Send a message via Yahoo to newbimmerdriver
Quote:
Originally posted by da_bull+Mar 26 2005, 10:17 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(da_bull @ Mar 26 2005, 10:17 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-mncmark@Mar 26 2005, 08:36 PM
[snapback]319078[/snapback]
Your JVC radio will have a blue wire w/ white stripe. I hope that you bought a wiring harness to install your radio. If so, hook the JVC's blue/white wire to the blue wire and the blue/white wire on your aftermarket harness. This turns on your factory amplifier to make the speakers play. If you cut the factory plug out of the car (I hope not), you will need to hook that blue/white wire from the JVC to the white wire in the harness (pin 16 on the factory side) together, that will turn the amplifier on. Good luck...
[snapback]319106[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]
I just thought I would show off my system, because I am very proud of it and it ran me about 2 g's all together with wiring and install. Here is a list of what I have & some pictures to follow...

-JVC Head Unit
-Diamond Bass Controller
-Diamond D3 400.4 Amp (This is for my speakers)
-Diamond D3 600.1 Amp (This is for my subs)...little bit over 600 wats PER sub...
-The newest Rockford Fosgate Speakers out for my rear deck and kick panel with built in tweeters
-I also have a distribution block
-My whole trunk, sides, floor and lid are all DYNOMATED
My system hits pretty well, not to brag or anything, I just wanted to share this. Both my amps are mounted on my sub box. Also my amps pull very little power from my battery so believe it or not, none of my lights ever dim. Here are some pictures...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4_Channel_Amp___Wiring.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	259.5 KB
ID:	19343   Click image for larger version

Name:	Head_Unit.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	19344   Click image for larger version

Name:	Subs.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	236.7 KB
ID:	19345  
#14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2005, 07:58 AM
n00b

TWKTCC is an unknown quantity at this point
I dug out a couple shots of mine:

#15 (permalink) Old 04-03-2005, 05:38 PM
1st Gear Member

newbimmerdriver is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to newbimmerdriver Send a message via Yahoo to newbimmerdriver
Quote:
Originally posted by TWKTCC@Apr 3 2005, 06:58 AM
I dug out a couple shots of mine:

[snapback]324331[/snapback]
That is a phat set up...nicely done, bet that sounds good too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics