Sony CDX 8805 H/U - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 09-06-2004, 04:57 AM
2nd Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
docrobot is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
I got that Sony H/U I wanted on the weekend.

It sounds quite nice already, and I am still tweaking the sound. At very high SPLs that mask all outside sound; including nearby Nuclear Explosions, the CDs sound clear and clean.

Hey, the Cymbals are back! The stock speakers (for as long as they last) sound much crisper than before with an extra half octave or more of high end. They even provide a clarity that I never expected when I had the factory deck installed.

Next step, I am replacing the internal factory speakers and then for X-mas, I'll add a single 10 or 12 inch with 100 or 200 watts in the back. I am after clean, even sound and not booming, weld-breaking bass!

Remember, I picked this Sony because I was tired of being a slave to the detachable face plate... :nana
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 09-06-2004, 03:02 PM
WOT in Reverse

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jllphan
Nice. The stock speakers are prety good by oem standards. Nokia actually made a half way decent driver, it reminds me a lot of a Bose speaker. Simple paper cone speaker, but this makes for an efficient speaker that doesn't require a ton of power to reach a high volume.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics