Some More Amp + Speaker Questions (orion) - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 09-21-2004, 06:58 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
danyal711 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
First off I was wondering, if I get a 5 channel amp, can I run the sub at 2Ohms and the speakers at 4 Ohms or is it all on 1 circuit? For example the infinity kappa 255A has the following stats:
Power Output, 4 ohms: 4 x 50 watts and 1 x 200 watts (class D)
Power Output, 2 ohms: 4 x 75 and 1 x 300 watts (class D)

Can you mix and match ohms like that or will it not work? My sub is 200 watts RMS dual voice coils 4Ohms so running 2ohms in parallel is what I want to do. Speakers are 4ohms. Or should I just bridge the 2 channels and then run it all at 2 ohms and even run the speakers in parallel? Or should I just get 2 different amps.

Also, if I am putting 2 amps totaling around 500watts in my 325is will I run into any power problems?

Lastly the speakers I want to use (components) are the orion XTR 6.2 series. I was wondering if anyone had heard anything about them/how good they are? I can get them for around 80 bucks. The only thing I am considering besides that is ads 236is or MB Quart RCE216 but those will run me 150+. I can spend the money however don't want to if the orions will be good. Lastly, does anyone have stats/ a manual for the XTR 6.2's because I cant find out how many watts they need etc. I was planning on running 4Ohms X 50 watts to each.

Also, 1 more question regarding my sub. Its an orion cobalt 12DVC. Its 200 watts RMS/400Peak. How many watts should I ideally run to it? Basically how powerful of an amp should I get? Is it best usually to overshoot the RMS or is getting an amp that can put out exactly RMS fine?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics