Sirius - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 03:59 PM
4th Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
WardJ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to WardJ Send a message via MSN to WardJ Send a message via Yahoo to WardJ
(Thread Starter)
Sirius

anyone have sirius in their car? i was in bavarian auto today and i saw that it's only 150 (compared to the 300 alpine/ipod system i was going to buy). it looks good, although i don't know if i want to give up my radio stations. anyone have any input?

'85 325e
'Arrest Me Red'
mods to come:
Window Tint
New Badges - Check!
Muffler - Check! - Ansa free flow
New Radio
Sport Shocks - Bilstein
Keyless Entry + Alarm - BMW Security Systems
Power Flow Intake

THE founding member of "i don't hate on del"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-31-2005, 01:32 AM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
you dont have to give up your radio, it goes in addition to your exisitng radio, working similar to an FM modulated cd changer. I ran XM for a couple of years and it was pretty cool. I have other interests now and its not as important as it once was...

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#3 (permalink) Old 12-31-2005, 01:39 AM
4th Gear Member

WardJ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to WardJ Send a message via MSN to WardJ Send a message via Yahoo to WardJ
(Thread Starter)
then my next question is, can someone find me/ know of / have suggestions for a decent HD/deck to go with sirius? i really want to upgrade from really old radio/tape deck to at least something nice that will run / look half decent with sirius if i decide

'85 325e
'Arrest Me Red'
mods to come:
Window Tint
New Badges - Check!
Muffler - Check! - Ansa free flow
New Radio
Sport Shocks - Bilstein
Keyless Entry + Alarm - BMW Security Systems
Power Flow Intake

THE founding member of "i don't hate on del"
#4 (permalink) Old 12-31-2005, 09:13 AM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
There are a lot of good radios out there that are SAT ready. This basically means you can use Sirius or XM, whichever you want. The first "pay-for-radio" headunits were only compatible with one or the other (Kenwood/Alpine teamed up with Sirius, Pioneer teamed with XM, for example). These companies are getting smart quicker, it only took them less than two years to figure this out. I have the Premier line radio (Pioneers pro line), and it works great for me, they are SAT ready now. You just need to figure what brand you want, move into the $300-400 range to get the SAT ready status so if you decide to go that way. Even if you dont, you will have a great radio that should out-perform your factory radio hands down.

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#5 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 11:16 AM
5th Gear Member

Rooz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_bull
There are a lot of good radios out there that are SAT ready. This basically means you can use Sirius or XM, whichever you want. The first "pay-for-radio" headunits were only compatible with one or the other (Kenwood/Alpine teamed up with Sirius, Pioneer teamed with XM, for example). These companies are getting smart quicker, it only took them less than two years to figure this out. I have the Premier line radio (Pioneers pro line), and it works great for me, they are SAT ready now. You just need to figure what brand you want, move into the $300-400 range to get the SAT ready status so if you decide to go that way. Even if you dont, you will have a great radio that should out-perform your factory radio hands down.

Really WOW I didn't know that..... :lol:

Only company that actually "teamed" with anyone would probably be Alpine with XM because they have a headunit that acts as a XM receiver built in

I have found that Clarion (Pro Audio preferaly) is good on BMW's because it matches very well, if not an Alpine CDA9847 is nice too...

Honestly technology wise Sirius is better if you want me to go into more details let me know...

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS
I am worth $2,010,238 on HumanForSale.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg
Umnitza now provides a mechanic to install all parts ordered right in the box! It's their new "Total customer service program" that will eliminate all the haters and keep incompetents from breaking shit and blaming the vendor! When you are all set simply call INS and they will pick him up free of charge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics