Satellite Radio Prep. - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2005, 03:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Mad Max is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi, My wife just purchased a '04 530i that came with Sat. Radio Prep. Does she have to buy a separate system from BMW, or is it intergrated into the AM/FM CD Player in the iDrive and just has to be activated from Sirius? When I'm in the iDrive I don't see any setting for Sirius Sat. Radio. Thanks
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2005, 11:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
WOT in Reverse

Car:
Photos:
jllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond reputejllphan has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jllphan
man unfortunately, that's a good question for the stealership. Not many around these parts are privied to such crafts. You might also try posting in the 5er section of this site. You were correct in coming here, but I doubt any who come here would know.

It will be one of two scenarios:

1. The car was prewired for satellite and has all the necessary periphials already installed, requiring merely a call to Sirius for activation. (most likely scenario)

2. You would have to have the stealership install your satellite receiver that would interface with a prerun DIN cable in the boot. Then you would see that option on your iDrive.

Either way, there should be something mentioned about accessing the system in your manual. Better yet, if the Satellite tuner is preinstalled, there should be a VIN# and a Satellite ID# in your manual packet. These are necessary for activation.
Old 02-06-2005, 03:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Mad Max is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by jllphan@Feb 6 2005, 12:07 PM
man unfortunately, that's a good question for the stealership. Not many around these parts are privied to such crafts. You might also try posting in the 5er section of this site. You were correct in coming here, but I doubt any who come here would know.

It will be one of two scenarios:

1. The car was prewired for satellite and has all the necessary periphials already installed, requiring merely a call to Sirius for activation. (most likely scenario)

2. You would have to have the stealership install your satellite receiver that would interface with a prerun DIN cable in the boot. Then you would see that option on your iDrive.

Either way, there should be something mentioned about accessing the system in your manual. Better yet, if the Satellite tuner is preinstalled, there should be a VIN# and a Satellite ID# in your manual packet. These are necessary for activation.
[snapback]286785[/snapback]
Thanks jllphan, I'll try posting in the 5er sec. I'm thinking that it's just wired and she has to buy the receiver. Thanks for your help
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics