Right side speakers wont work on CD - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 08:33 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
khanjee75 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Right side speakers wont work on CD

Hi,

I am suffering from a veru strange audio problem, I have got BMW RDS System and radio and cassettes players are working fine but when in put CD to play right side speakers wont work. Its only happening for CDs for Cassette and Tapes its fine. Is it due to the CD quality coz I am trying to play CDs burnt by myself? Got any idea?

KhanJee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-04-2006, 06:13 AM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
Is the CD a 6 disc changer in the trunk or is it in the front unit? If its in the trunk, is it factory or aftermarket? What year car are we talking about? One thing real quick, try a non-burnt CD. Lemme know what you come up with.

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#3 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 11:04 AM
n00b

khanjee75 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_bull
Is the CD a 6 disc changer in the trunk or is it in the front unit? If its in the trunk, is it factory or aftermarket? What year car are we talking about? One thing real quick, try a non-burnt CD. Lemme know what you come up with.
Its a 6 disc changer in the trunk and came as a factory fitted, Car is 325i SE, registrated in Oct. 2000. I have tried it with other Audio CDs bought from audio shops but the result is same.
#4 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 10:17 PM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
I am betting on the changer being bad. The part in there that decodes the right channel is bad. That is why the cassettes and radio works like its supposed to. Kinda strange for a 6 year old car to have something like that go out but it happens. You might check the cable where it plugs into the changer in the trunk. It could possibly be bad instead.

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics