| Originally posted by El Presidente@Nov 9 2004, 01:10 AM |
1. see sig
2. not without cutting
3. no. Also, those speakers are shit w/o a good amp.
let me re-explain about my car. I have 1994 325i Convertible. I want to replace my rear speakers with
MB Quart 6X9s(which I have) or
51/4 Infinity ref 5000CS or
MB Quart 51/4 speakers.
I read from the forum posts that Mb Quarts may need an amp. As of my understanding my car does have an factory installed amp.
1. Does my car have a AMP installed ?
2. What is the rating of this AMP?
3. Won't this be enough to drive MB Quart 51/4?
4. If I install these speakers. How to connect the cross overs. As of my understandning the cables are crossed over at the amp or head unit. How do I connect the new ones ?
5. I have MB Quart 6X9 speakers ( I am trying to fix them in the rear panel. Today I have opened the rear panel. After opening it I figured that I can fix them directly without the base grill.). If I use this how to connect to the 4 wires (the car speaker connector has 4 wires (2 for speaker and 2 for tweeter).
6. Does the 6X9 also need an AMP ?
Thanks for you help inadvance. Sorry for too many questions.