BMW Werkz banner

Replace Rear Speakers Of 1994 325i Convertible

9K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  kvrr79 
#1 ·
Hi all,

My rear speakers are not sounding well. I want to replace them.

1. Can anyone give me instructions to change speakers (How to remove the speakers ? and cross over connections etc)

2. I have MB Quart 6X9 speakers with me. Can I fit these in the rear panel ?

3. If the above are not usable, I want to buy Mb Quart RCE 213 5 1/4 speakers with .75'' tweeters. Will this fit into it ? And how are these speakers ? Are these any other better speakers than this ?

Thanks,
kvrr79.

#3 ·
Originally posted by El Presidente@Nov 9 2004, 01:10 AM
1. see sig

2. not without cutting

3. no. Also, those speakers are shit w/o a good amp.
[snapback]227284[/snapback]​

Hi

What is sig ?

Today I tried opening the rear panel. I think I can fit 6X9 speakers directly into it. But the problem is how to screw it. There are 4 wires for speakers and tweeters. But the MB Quart 6X9 has 2 wires only. If I connect only the speeker wires, what will happen ? And also does my audio system drives 6X9 speakers ?

Thanks,
Venkat.

#4 ·
Originally posted by El Presidente@Nov 9 2004, 01:10 AM
1. see sig

2. not without cutting

3. no. Also, those speakers are shit w/o a good amp.
[snapback]227284[/snapback]​

Hi,

let me re-explain about my car. I have 1994 325i Convertible. I want to replace my rear speakers with

MB Quart 6X9s(which I have) or
51/4 Infinity ref 5000CS or
MB Quart 51/4 speakers.

I read from the forum posts that Mb Quarts may need an amp. As of my understanding my car does have an factory installed amp.

1. Does my car have a AMP installed ?

2. What is the rating of this AMP?

3. Won't this be enough to drive MB Quart 51/4?

4. If I install these speakers. How to connect the cross overs. As of my understandning the cables are crossed over at the amp or head unit. How do I connect the new ones ?

5. I have MB Quart 6X9 speakers ( I am trying to fix them in the rear panel. Today I have opened the rear panel. After opening it I figured that I can fix them directly without the base grill.). If I use this how to connect to the 4 wires (the car speaker connector has 4 wires (2 for speaker and 2 for tweeter).

6. Does the 6X9 also need an AMP ?

Thanks for you help inadvance. Sorry for too many questions.

Thanks,
kvrr79.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.