BMW Werkz banner

Remote Start on a 323ci

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Scarface 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has installed their own autostart on an E46. I have done a couple on Hondas and Toyotas. Knowing that European cars are very different from Japanese cars, I want to know what I am getting into before I start. My 323ci has the factory remote entry and I want to leave that alone. I am only planning on adding the remote start feature. Is there anything in particular I should be aware of? I believe there's a chip in the key. So would I go about bypassing this the same way I would bypass a Toyota chip using the unit that holds an extra key in it? Also, is there anything I need to be aware of? Does anyone know the wire colors? Do I need to run the tach wire to the coil or is there a wire somewhere in the kick panel? Any help would be appreciated. THank you.

#2 ·
Hey, this car is quite involved and will be more diffucult than the Asian and domestics cars you have delt with. I can email you all the information you will need to do this install, inclusing which bypass to get and all the wire colors and locations along with thier polarity.

#3 ·
If you haven't receieved the info yet, hit me up and I will try to send it to you via email....or fax would probably be alot easier, if you have a fax # post it and when I get to work on Tuesday I will fax you the diagram...

David

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.