radio harness - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

View Poll Results: Is this thread clear
yes 2 100.00%
no 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 09:17 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
baddogs is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
radio harness

I wanted to replace my factory radio so I bought a pioneer radio and a 70-8590 harness.The install looked easy buy after hooking up the wires I had power but no sound.
I cut one set of speaker wires one the harness and hooked it up to a home speaker and I was able to get sound.
Any info would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 11:23 AM
Ich bin der Modifikator

johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddogs View Post
I wanted to replace my factory radio so I bought a pioneer radio and a 70-8590 harness.The install looked easy buy after hooking up the wires I had power but no sound.
I cut one set of speaker wires one the harness and hooked it up to a home speaker and I was able to get sound.
Any info would be appreciated.
1st.....Welcome to Bimmerwerkz......

You probabaly have blown a fuse & you will need to check your fuses.......because, there are mutiple fuses for the BMW sound systems. I too had this same problem after my install......power to the unit & no sound, turned out to be a blown fuse........

johnny,

Last edited by johnnyBgood; 05-03-2009 at 11:27 AM.
#3 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 05:32 PM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
More than likely, your factory amp isnt being turned on, and it needs to be. Pioneer has a blue wire and a blue/white wire. I am willing to bet you used the blue one, which is a power antenna lead and the blue/white one (that needs to be used), is a power amplifier lead. Kenwood, Sony, and Pioneer use the 2 wires for remotes and people get confused all the time. The power antenna only has power when you are listening to AM/FM, providing juice to a power antenna and have it go down when you go to CD. The power amplifier lead, stays on regardless of the source you are listening to. Hope this helps, if not lemme know, we'll go further.

Oh yeah, to werkz also...

Bill
da_male_cow

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#4 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 07:31 AM
n00b

baddogs is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
blue wire

Thanks to both of you for the help. Well after installing the radio and uninstalling it a few times I read another posting that talked about the blue wire. On the blue wire on the aftermarket radio identified it for a remote or power antenna so I did not use it. After I connected it the radio works great.
thank you once again.
#5 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 08:56 AM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
no problem, glad we could help...

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics