Problem-Only sound out of tweeters???? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 08:29 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
beameup is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Problem-Only sound out of tweeters????

Anybody know why I would only have sound coming out of the door tweeter speakers?used: I purchased '98 750iL that has original system from an auction so I can't get info from previous owner. I checked fuses, looked for disconected wires in the back. Everything looks normal. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 09:09 PM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
With all the mids not working, it would seem to me to be the stock amp, whether it be bad or a fuse. The car is now 8-9 years old, so it could be speakers, but not likely. A 750 typically isnt going to be owned by a kid that would blow up the stock speakers. I would start with checking power back at the factory amp. The "radio" fuse is typically for the indash piece and the amp is fused either at the amp at a different fuse location than the "radio" fuse.

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#3 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 05:53 PM
n00b

beameup is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Need a '98 750iL radio amp. any out there?

I finely got around to checking power to amp, which there is. I did some searching for another--ebay, car-parts.com and Bavarian Auto Recycling with no luck. Is there any out there that has a good one they want to sell? or are these repairable?
#4 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 08:11 PM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
You might want to also ask in the 3-5-7 series forums also, snag the part number off it and you might have someone out there that has already upgraded their system, and have one laying around...

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics