BMW Werkz banner

Pre-wired cd changer??

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Snowjob 
#1 ·
Hey,

I was thinking of getting the Blitzsafe Auxiliary input for the 325i sedan 2003. I currently do not have a cd changer, but I understand that it is prewired. Where exactly are these wires located so I won't be ripping my trunk apart? I want to plug my portable Minidisc and MP3 player to the Aux converter, and has anyone else had experience with this product? Thanks!!

Ron

Blitzsafe site:

http://www.blitzsafe.com/blitz_catalog/bli.../blitz_bmw.html

#2 ·
Im not sure about where the wiring in your model car would be, but if you dont have a cd changer, its most like rear of the trunk, drivers side. But again, im not totally sure with that model.

Also, be careful of this: portable devices are made to run with headphones, not be used on actual audio equipment, the gains will not match and you will have poor sound quality and or fairly low volume output. Try and find a cheap pre amp with a good 2v (min) output to hook up inline between the aux input and the portable device.

#4 ·
this might be a really stupid question but it completely baffles me..

say someone has an e46 that doesn't have any cd player at all. as i've read, it seems that everyone's pre-wired for a trunk-mounted 6-disc player. Now lets say that person gets the 6 disc changer and connects the wires in the trunk... where on the dashboard would they control the functions (play, stop, etc.)? :dunno

#5 ·
Through the factory unit. THeres usually a CD button even in a car not equipped with a cd changer. Those wires all go to that and the stock dekc is used to control ALL functions of the changer, thats why only certain changers for certain model cars work without FM modulators and / or replacement of the deck.

#8 ·
These are fairly easy to install considering the holes for the screws are probably pre drilled too, even if they aren't, its still easy. And theres only two wires, just plug it in. the panels and access door is for the vehicles where the CD changer isnt in the open and goes behind a panel. (it is a replacement panel so you can still get to the "hidden" cd changer.)

#9 ·
hmm.. does that mean you can choose to have the changer hidden/not when you're installing it? Does the extra liner and kit from the site above just go around the spot where the changer would be and thus it's "hidden" but the brackets and all are still the same?

Price range, too please.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.