BMW Werkz banner

Pioneer Premier Deh-p8mp

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  da_bull 
#1 ·
Anyone know where to get a *NEW* Pioneer Premier DEH-P8MP for under $250?

See less See more
#3 ·
I have this model and in the words of Tony the Tiger...."Its Grrrrrrrreat !!!!"

full of features: mp3's, wma's, XM, motorized face, etc etc etc etc etc, and more etc...

#4 ·
Personally i wouldn'twaste my time with it. The pre outs emit a waaaaaay low signal so there's a chance if you add amps they won't be able to pick up the signal as well. You'd get way better performance out of an alpine. Plus with the alpine you only haveto buy one pice in order to control an Ipod with the deck( meaning you can hide the Ipod in the glove compartmentto reduce theft.) If you're still stuck on the idea of gettinga pioneer it's a decentdeck and at good guys (where I work) we recently had iton sale for about $250. If you're lucky we'll put it on sale again.

#5 ·
Originally posted by BADGER@Apr 20 2005, 04:06 AM
Personally i wouldn'twaste my time with it. The pre outs emit a waaaaaay low signal so there's a chance if you add amps they won't be able to pick up the signal as well. You'd get way better performance out of an alpine. Plus with the alpine you only haveto buy one pice in order to control an Ipod with the deck( meaning you can hide the Ipod in the glove compartmentto reduce theft.) If you're still stuck on the idea of gettinga pioneer it's a decentdeck and at good guys (where I work) we recently had iton sale for about $250. If you're lucky we'll put it on sale again.
[snapback]335271[/snapback]​
Comparing apples to apples to be fair: Alpines CDA-9831 (MSRP $450) and Premiers DEH-p8mp (MSRP $440).

The Premier has 6.5 volts on all 3 sets of RCA cables compared to Alpines 4 volt RCAs.

The Premier has a standard factory 2-year warranty compared to Alpines 1 year.

Yes you do get the IPOD ready (you still have to buy the KCA-420i), Pioneer will be offering an IPOD adapter this spring.

Both are SAT ready.

I know its minimal but we are comparing features here, 60w x 4 for the Premier and 50w x 4 for the Alpine.

The display doesnt have a 3-color display like the Alpine, but it uses their OEL display that shows different screen savers, and you can customize and build your own screen saver with their free software for the OEL screen.

Dont get me wrong, I like the Alpine products as well, I sell and install both pieces, but saying that the Alpine puts out more signal and not to waste your time with it is wrong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.