Phatnoise MP3 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 01:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Balucanb is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Im sure most have heard about the Kenwood music keg, the company that makes them is phatnoise at phatnoise.com, anyway it is a direct replacement for your trunk mounted CD Changer, they come in 20,40 and 60 GB sizes I think pretty cool huh! I thought I would put the info out there for those of you that are looking for a alt. to your current factory system the good thing about it (IMO) you do not need to taer out you factory deck and go through all the pain that entails. The major drawback right now is price however, it costs over $800! I am hoping it will drop to around 500 at the first of the year then I might think about getting one. Does anyone already own it? If so what do you think? Also anybody that can get a better price for the rest of us would be cool too
Thax

A tip for the Girls........
If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us. We refuse to answer.
My Pictures
<a href='http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=256629' target='_blank'>http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view...?page_id=256629</a>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-09-2003, 11:26 AM
n00b

siciliano is an unknown quantity at this point
Here is my ordeal with the Music Keg - and a call for help from my fellow Bimmer owners out there.

I went to Best Buy and talked to the guy in the car audio section. They had a sale and a special, so I was interested in a Music Keg, a Kenwood Deck (KDC-MP522 ) and a free Sirus tuner. Long story short, it was more expensive then I cared to pay, so I opted for the Music Keg only.

The guy sent me back to the installation shop and the installer there told me that I would never be able to install another deck in my 2001 330i without cutom dash work - and that there is no way for the music keg to work. I had a feeling that the installer was full of crap, so I started doing some research...

Soundgate makes (made) a part called the "Soundgate KBMWSIRV2 BMW to Kenwood Music Keg Dual Purpose Interface". This is supposed to fix the problem! WRONG. I called SOundgate and the company that made this for them went out of business. They are supposedly making a new one, but it will be a few months.

I called around and searched the internet trying to find one of these, but they are inpossible to find. If ANYONE out there knows where I can get one - or has one to sell - PLEASE let me know.

Thanks

Tony Siciliano
tsicilia@tampabay.rr.com
#3 (permalink) Old 10-09-2003, 01:36 PM
1st Gear Member

Balucanb is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for your reply. I have heard alot of stuff both bad and good about the keenwood and phatnoise product, I am not sure if I really would want all the headaches right now even though it does seem cool. If you got to the phatnoise website I think they have some info on adapters that might help you.

A tip for the Girls........
If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us. We refuse to answer.
My Pictures
<a href='http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=256629' target='_blank'>http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view...?page_id=256629</a>
#4 (permalink) Old 12-01-2003, 04:30 AM
n00b

jljamison is an unknown quantity at this point
Assuming the phatnoise player installs easier than the kenwood product, what other problems are there with the PhatNoise? I have a 2001 5 series and am thinking about getting one. I agree though it is pretty spendy

-JJ
#5 (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 01:57 PM
n00b

vp209 is an unknown quantity at this point
I just bought one a month ago at sound advice. It cost me $450. I got a 20 gb. I currently have a kenwood kvt 911 deck, so it works perfect. Before I bought the keg, I had a really huge cd case for all my cds. It was a hassle changing each disk and finding the songs that I like. Now I just load all my favorite songs and not worry about a thing. This is a great product and reccomend it to anybody.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics