BMW Werkz banner

Opinions on Stock Stereo Systems

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  HamannM3 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, I was wondering what everyones opinion is on the stock stereo system for a 2002 BMW is??? I am picking up a used 2002 325Ci this weekend and it does not have the HK system in it? It is not going to be my primary driving vehicle (it will be my wife's) so it will not have to live up to such high standards but I hope it is somewhat nice. Please don't tell me it is garbage :haha

She is used to a stock stereo in a 2001 Honda Accord

#2 ·
My stepmother owns a 200 or 2001 328. IMO, the stock setup is atrocious. The bass is very weak and muddled, the highs are not very crisp, and they distort far to easily.

Sorry to say, but I'm afraid it is garbage.

Then again, she likes it just fine and thinks I'm crazy for investing almost $2000 in sound equipment.

#3 ·
Would a simple replacement of of the speakers with better quality speakers do the trick or are we talking a replacing the deck also? My wife only wants it to sound okay. In my truck I have a full blown system whereas she does not need/want Subs. Would I be able to get away with just replacing the speakers???

#5 ·
I have an `01 with the stock stereo and I think your question can't be answered without knowing your wife's expectations. I have a lot of friends who really don't care about sound systems and they think it is fine.

I think it sounds okay when listening to talk radio but that's about it--the midrange is really muddy. I'm counting the days until my CDT HD52's arrive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.