ok, time for boom boom - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 09:53 PM
The Messican

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MiguelACA
(Thread Starter)
ok, time for boom boom

ok, so i has a z3 now....i want my subs damn it! lol, i still havent decide wether im gonna go for an aftermarket HU or keep the bmw business cd...either way...would u know the best way to run rca's into the trunk from the head unit...or how i would get to the speakers so i can get one of those things that gives u outputs for an amp???

A morning of awkwardness is better than a night of loneliness
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 10:27 PM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
Sorry, never did a Z3/4. Never got a chance to rip one of those apart. Typical BMW fashion is molded carpet (tough to run wires under without making a hump), door sill plates that are tough to pop loose but pull hard and it'll come up. A little difficult to get to the trunk area from the cabin. Hopefully someone else will chime in...

da_male_cow...

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#3 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 10:49 PM
Sodium Chloride

saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to saltshaker185 Send a message via MSN to saltshaker185
in my e36 i found it easier just to run it straight back under the carpet in the center console and only had to take out the back seat :\
#4 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 12:03 AM
The Messican

MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute MiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
yea, on the e36 it was a breeze, but i dunno how to run the wire into the trunk, then again i havent really tried, but ill check it out some time this week, i think i may have a clue as to how to route the wires into the trunk thou....

#5 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 06:06 AM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
I'd be curious as to how hard they are. BMW thinks their audio systems are the bomb and [sarcasm]NO ONE will EVER want to upgrade their audio system. We here at BMW know exactly what EVERYONE wants in an audio system.[/sarcasm]

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#6 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 11:54 PM
The Messican

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_bull
I'd be curious as to how hard they are. BMW thinks their audio systems are the bomb and [sarcasm]NO ONE will EVER want to upgrade their audio system. We here at BMW know exactly what EVERYONE wants in an audio system.[/sarcasm]

im gonna take a shot at it sometime this week, ill be sure to take pictures and try to do a DIY, also, i know not all bimmers have a factory amp, well, at least my e36's didnt....would my z3 have one? its doesnt have the HK upgrade thou...at least i dont think it does...

if i installed an aftermarket HU, would i run into any troubles if it did have a facotry amp? if it does have a factory amp, how would i ago about getting rid of it, and tapping into the wires so i could power the speakers with my 4 channel amp? did i make sense?

edit: i dont think i did...

if there is a factory amp in the trunk, there should be wires going from it into the speakers right? how would i go about using my own amp to power the stock speakers without having to run rcas and speaker wire back to the head unit?

#7 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 12:46 AM
The Messican

(Thread Starter)
ok, so after alot of searching, i have found a way to route wires from to and from the trunk on the Z...and might i say...damn it looks like alot of work....

Running Cable to the Z3 Trunk
Scott's BMW M Roadster Stereo Install (Z3 Stereo Install for Dummies)

heres the wiring diagram for the amplifier
http://www.waycoolinc.com/z3/essenti...Connectors.pdf

i dont think theres too many z3 owners on here, but this info is really good, da_bull...i suggest u got through it...lol...as i may be asking questions about it later...lol

off to bed now
i also found some wiring

#8 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 06:26 AM
da_administrator

I'll read through it later on this evening. Off to work now...

#9 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 11:38 AM
The Messican

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_bull
I'll read through it later on this evening. Off to work now...

lol, u dont actually have to, well, if u could look over the wiring for the amps, i think i have it figured out as how to run my wires and power the my old subs and the stock speakers, just need to make sure im reading the amp diagram right

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics