Ok Now Im A Little Upset With The Business Cd - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2008, 07:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car: 04 330ci Conv
Photos:
The Xecutionr is on a distinguished road
Ok Now Im A Little Upset With The Business Cd

first off i dont know why its even called business cd but anyway... i had a plan to put a nice dvd system in my 04 330ci that i just bought.. so after a test run through to make sure i could take off the panels and take out the radio i noticed that if i put in an aftermarket unit there will be this HUGE gap in between where the unit would end and the passenger side of the dash would begin... right now that space is occupied by the tuning dials from the stock radio... is there anyway to do this or any adaptors that they have out there
The Xecutionr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2008, 07:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Photos:
ok maybe i found a solution to my problem.. is there a way i can relocate the climate control to where the little sunglass tray is and eliminate that.. like they have in the models with the nav system.... then i would be set cuz they make a double din adapter but noty a single din
Old 07-06-2008, 02:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
drz
Administrator

Car: zhp
Photos:
drz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
There is a kit to do excatly what you say. Let me try to find you a link...

edit: Alright, what you need is item (12) here: RealOEM.COM * BMW E46 330Ci STORING PARTITION MOUNTING PARTS

I believe you would have to get the one that is intended for cars with navigation. If I were you, I would call the dealership, or a place like Pelican Parts - Porsche Parts & BMW Parts - Automotive Parts and Accessories - Porsche & BMW and give them that part number, tell them exactly what car you have, what you want to do, and if that part will work -- all this just to be sure you don't spend $50 for nothing.

Last edited by drz; 07-06-2008 at 02:54 AM.
drz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
santo is on a distinguished road
i know this post is a little older, but i was wondering if you ever figured out what you needed to do? i have an 05 m3 with the buisness cd and would like to put a new head unit in the car and relocate the climate control to the storage bin.

let me know if you figured something out.
santo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 05:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Photos:
nah man I neverdid that cuz I got a single din but im rethinking it if I can find a newer bmw nav system with dvd capability that I can make work with my car. im looking for a cleaner stock look
Old 09-24-2008, 06:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
kind of what i'm looking to do, but i'd like to see if the double din kenwood dvd/nav unit will fit. i just started looking into it so i'm not sure yet if the slot is big enough for a double din once the climate controls are moved or not.

have to keep searching i guess
Old 09-24-2008, 07:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Photos:
yea its big enough its actually too big and u have to get the double din adaptor
Old 09-24-2008, 08:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
drz
Administrator

Car: zhp
Photos:
drz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
If you want a stock look then you need to get the factory navigation retrofit. It is a pain to install, but you can get everything you want from BMW. There is one trim piece that is used to move the climate control down to where the sunglass compartment sits.

Google E46 navigation Retrofit.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
awsome. thanks alot for the info guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics