BMW Werkz banner

New Receiver Question for 2004 BMW 330i

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  jasyn 
#1 ·
I wanted to put in a new receiver, one that plays mp3 cd's into my 2004 BMW 330i. I know that i'll need to get a Mounting Kit for the new receiver. The question I have regards what kind of receiver I can put in. When I e-mailed Crutchfield, they said that I couldn't use fold-down or detachable face receivers. I was looking to buy the Sony CDX-M8800 which is a fold down face. Now after reading the reply from Crutchfield, i'm unsure if I can get it. Is this true?

Hello,

Thanks for shopping the Crutchfield web site.

In answer to your question about replacing your receiver, unfortunately, due to restrictions in your vehicle's dash, if you use a fold-down face or detachable face receiver, you will not be able to fold down or detach the face so. The Sony CDX-M8800 is, therefore, not recommended. Sorry I don't have better news for you there. 
The weird thing is, I go through their car model selector thing. I choose 2004 --> BMW --> 330i --> Without Navigation .. and they list all these fold-down and detachable face receivers. What's going on? :wrench

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.