BMW Werkz banner

New Hu Has No Power

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  jllphan 
#1 ·
I just got a Clarion DXZ645 HU. I bought it from crutchfield and they supplied a wiring harness for free and I bought the antenna adapter and a high to low power converter form them also(because they said i needed it). I have hooked all the wires together to the corresponding colors from the wiring harness to the power converter to the new cd player and i have no power. the only wires that are not used are brown(cell) and big yellow(bus power lead). I also spliced blue with white and blue(antenna power and remote amp wires) into the blue on the harness(that said it was antenna power/remote amp). I plug the battery in the trunk back in and try it but get nothing. no sound no power ......nothing.

Also when i removed my factory radio the antenna cord was electrical taped together as it had pulled completely apart before(i am guessing). Anyone know of a way to fix this with out rewiring the whole thing.

please help i need to drive my car but i have wires and such everywhere and no working radio

jshearer

#3 ·
Yeah, I have read so much on installing them and even had a thread asking how hard it was and everyone told me it was easy. I did finally get it installed although there is not much room for the wires. My antenna wire is shot though.....

Anyone know of a way to get a new one put it. Is there a place to take it to have them rewire it?

Also now that i got it installed it has power came on and such(although bad reception from the antenna) It all of a sudden said "goodbye" and shut off when i switched on my lights to match up the screen color. Now it won't turn on and the car won't start although my interior lights are all on and such. Charging the bettery now I guess we will see. Should have bucked up the $80 the people here wanted to install.

jshearer

#4 ·
You shouldn't need your hi level converter, your oem amp is pretty rugged. Your HU's wiring harness and the supplied harness from crtuchfield should be pretty straight forward. They are not all color coded, so make sure you are reading the labels, and not just connecting red to red, yellow to yellow, and so fourth. You are correct in wiring both the antenna and remote wire together. IF it still doesn't work you either have a blow fuse (not likely) on either the head unit or in the car. If those are fine, your deck is bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.