New Head unit, = MINIMAL SOUND - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008, 02:58 PM
4th Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
PrInG has a spectacular aura about PrInG has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to PrInG
(Thread Starter)
New Head unit, = MINIMAL SOUND

Dabull you've answered all my other audio questions in the passes so I'm gonna point this one at you. I just put a new Head unit in my M ... one that works with my ipod.. However when I play a Cd I have to turn the thing up to like 30 before I can listen to music at a reasonable sound level. Granted my factory amp is out of the car.. I figured that the amp that is in the head unit would do the trick.. What is the deal?

TO HONOR: Get Honor Stay Honor if You Can't Come in Her Come Honor.

"its not banana yellow but its not golden its just that perfect creamy german goodness"

- Bow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008, 04:51 PM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
What kind of radio did you get? A/S/L?

I have seen some radios have a "Source Level" adjustment. It internally adjusts the volume of the different sources so they will match.

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#3 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 10:57 AM
4th Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
I beleive it is a pioneer DEH-P7000BT.. Where do you think I would be able to adjust it. at ?

"its not banana yellow but its not golden its just that perfect creamy german goodness"

- Bow
#4 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 05:52 PM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Its the SLA (Source Level Adjustment). You need to go to each source (CD, IPOD, FM, etc.) and adjust the SLA to where they are equal to each other. Not to be confused with the ASL (Automatic Sound Level) which increases the volume slightly as you drive faster. Me likey the Pioneer stuff, I've had 3-4 in the bimmer until I quit the car audio store. I have the DEHP-8MP in there now and I probably wont be getting anything else anytime soon. It does everything I need it to.

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#5 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 11:36 PM
4th Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
so your saying the answer is under source ? not function ?

- Bow
#6 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 06:28 AM
da_administrator

I cant remember if its under the Function or Audio menu. But you are looking for "SLA" adjustment, and you have to adjust each source's volume (CD/iPod/FM/etc.).

#7 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 08:41 AM
n00b

jackx84 is on a distinguished road
HEAD UNIT! Has a certain ring to it!
#8 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 02:15 PM
4th Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
but you can adjust it for everything individually ? such as I could have my sound for my radio way down and the sound for my cd way up and ipod way up ? also is this gonna make a huge dif. cause it almost seems lioke it would have to. thanks

- Bow
#9 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 05:25 PM
da_administrator

Yup go to that adjustment for each source and adjust up or down.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics