New Audio System - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 01:12 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jehu325 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
New Audio System

I've got a '89 325is and the speakers are just about to give out. I checked at a few car audio places but they dont seem to have anything that will fit. I want to try and leave the car looking stock. Is there a brand I dont know about or do I have to modify the new audio to fit?

Thanks,
J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 05:38 AM
Pandemonium Director

nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to nukeduster Send a message via MSN to nukeduster
Boston Acoustics makes nice 5 1/4 speakers which fit front/rear.. rainbow audio also makes nice stuff..

I've used BA in my last 4 beemers and always loved the sound. Always fit behind the stock panels too.

Depends on your price range I guess, there is plenty out there that will pop in and sound great.

#3 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 08:55 AM
77th Gear Member

325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light 325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light 325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light 325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light 325eXTATIC is a glorious beacon of light
I agree, BA makes some good stuff. Had a full Boston system in my last car (lamentably, a Honda Accord) and had to let the new owner keep the speakers to get the deal to go through.
If you want crisp sound, more sharp and clear, but less smooth, MB Quart is a name to remember. They are pricey, but they win every imaging and measured sound quality contest they enter. The problem is that those contests are won or lost by mechanically measured results rather than people actually listening to the systems.

Just some food for thought

Josh W.

Not currently on the Bimmer kick. Drivin' a 2003 Silver Civic at the moment, but I am STILL the Founding Member of the "325eXTATIC You're my hero" club.
Quote:
Originally Posted by <b>superdeadman</b><br>Josh W. IS my hero!

Originally Posted by <b>JoeMadoo</b><br>325eXTATIC, you're my hero...
Originally Posted by <b>Moosepuck</b><br>Oh yeah... 325eXTATIC...you're my hero...
Originally Posted by <b>e30dream</b><br>325eXTATIC....youre my hero.
#4 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 11:39 AM
Been here a while.

97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to 97alpineM3 Send a message via MSN to 97alpineM3
Good disscussion.... moving to the audio forum...

Les

1997 E36 M3 1990 E30 325i
#5 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 08:53 PM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
take a listen to the Reference series by Infinity. They are a VERY good full range speaker. Alpine makes some reasonable speakers too. The main thing is to REALLY listen to the speakers and make your decision that way. Dont take your friends when you go, they will influence your decision regardless if you notice it or not. Stick with a name you have heard before and a sound that is very pleasing to YOUR ears. If you can, listen to the same song every time you switch speakers. Make sure its a song you are familiar with so you know how its SUPPOSED to sound.

Hope that helps....

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics