Need New Speakers - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Audio and Electronics The place to go to discuss sound systems and show off your I.C.E. along with security systems and radar detectors too!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-13-2005, 03:25 PM
my car is red

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to 94BMW325i Send a message via Yahoo to 94BMW325i
(Thread Starter)
My speakers in the front drivers door and passenger door are blown. The larger speakers of the two in each door I mean. Any suggestions for which brand I should get? Don't want to spend too much, I was thinking of infinity or something similar.

member and partial creator of pimpin the auto club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-13-2005, 06:56 PM
5th Gear Member

Rooz is an unknown quantity at this point
infinity is da best for our kinda cars from what I hear

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS
I am worth $2,010,238 on HumanForSale.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg
Umnitza now provides a mechanic to install all parts ordered right in the box! It's their new "Total customer service program" that will eliminate all the haters and keep incompetents from breaking shit and blaming the vendor! When you are all set simply call INS and they will pick him up free of charge.
#3 (permalink) Old 02-13-2005, 11:02 PM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to da_bull
I love mine, the Kappas are decently priced and even the cheaper ones (Reference Series) do a pretty darn good job...

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#4 (permalink) Old 02-13-2005, 11:54 PM
5th Gear Member

brien4787 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to brien4787
infinity are the best for our cars?
ehh, infinity is not the best...but they are really good for the money.
if you just get infinity reference tweeters, they will cover the range or both your old tweeter, and the bigger ones that are below the tweets(the ones you blew)

by the way, do you have an aftermarket headunit?

!
#5 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 09:39 PM
JWK
Neutral Member

JWK is an unknown quantity at this point
Check out MB Quart discus series. Be careful though, they are in the process of moving manufacturing from Germany to the US and I have heard ones made in US are not at good. Mine were made in Germany and the quality is excellent. Good sound too and not too pricy. I think I spent approx. $300 for the two speakers and a pair of tweeters.
#6 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 10:29 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

007ben is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to 007ben Send a message via Yahoo to 007ben
mb quarts, infinity both good choices.

eclipse makes a good sounding speaker as well.

2008 128i Jetblack
#7 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 04:08 AM
n00b

mastermind is an unknown quantity at this point
i'm lookin for new speakers too. I still have the factory bmw ones in my '92 325i. i've been wondering if i should go for a custom setup or just replace all the factory speakers.

What do you guys think about the boston acustics? are they any good? they seem cheaper than infinty's and mbquartz.
#8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 06:19 AM
da_administrator

da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute da_bull has a reputation beyond repute
The only speakers by Boston that are cheaper than the Infinitys are what used to be called the Rally series. Take a listen to the both of them. You may be disappointed with Boston at that level. Boston DO make a good speaker at a higher level.

Brien4787 brings up a good point...your speakers can only sound as good as the source that drives them. You can buy the $1200 Utopia 6",4",1" set from Focal and drive them with a Sparkomatic radio and it will still sound like a $29 radio.

The main thing is please your ears, no matter what your buddy has or what anyone (including me) tells you in a forum. Listen to a lot of speakers and let your ears be the judge. Your the one that has to listen to them 90% of the time. Hope that helps...

-There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

-If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under...Ronald Reagan
#9 (permalink) Old 02-27-2005, 12:32 PM
my car is red

94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to 94BMW325i Send a message via Yahoo to 94BMW325i
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by brien4787@Feb 14 2005, 12:54 AM
infinity are the best for our cars?
ehh, infinity is not the best...but they are really good for the money.
if you just get infinity reference tweeters, they will cover the range or both your old tweeter, and the bigger ones that are below the tweets(the ones you blew)

by the way, do you have an aftermarket headunit?
[snapback]291504[/snapback]

Thanks for all the help. I don't have an aftermarket HU yet, but I am getting one because when I bought my car in December the 6 cd changer never worked, so I am probably getting an Alpine HU for around $180.

member and partial creator of pimpin the auto club
#10 (permalink) Old 03-07-2005, 09:02 PM
Neutral Member

Zach745Li is an unknown quantity at this point
Infinitys own all

<a href='http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/7/750liSedan/gallery.htm' target='_blank'>750</a>
#11 (permalink) Old 03-07-2005, 11:02 PM
da_administrator

dont know about owns... but they are great for an entry and mid level. The Focal stuff is hard to beat. I have a set of 11" subs (firing thru the ski-hole) and waiting patiently for my polykevlar component set of 5.25"ers for the front and rear

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Audio and Electronics